Truth or dare ladies..how many dolls have you secretly destroyed..lol and what kits

I can say I messed up 4 kits…

Four or five. Max comes to mind and Jewel… oh and my Saskia head that I had to replace… There are more,

2 Likes

3 jewel and kadin and the other one that looked like kadin sleeping. I think it was kadin. It was in 2012. I have redone jewel twice, I just can’t seem to like this kit. Now he’s a vampire and I still haven’t finished him.

2 Likes

2 I tried " Heavy" rooting on my 2nd doll lol used 3 yes 3 pkgs of Ruby red! Looked like the old dolls of the 50’s after being heavily played with

1 Like

LOL so many when I did my first custom order. Elise, Kyra, Gracie, Kaya. I wanted it to be extra perfect and ended up ruining each one out of stress before finally doing a good one.

1 Like

I’ve only ruined Avery when I tried to open her eyes. There were a few that I later was embarrassed I had ever put a price tag on. LOL I stripped those and redid them so not really ruined.

2 Likes

I would say all the kits I’ve done, lol. But 4 really. I always see something on each one that could have been done a lil better.

3 Likes

I messed up lol my first open eye thomas. Hes missing a finger.lol

1 Like

quiet killers…lol

1 Like

lots of work

awee but we learn

1 Like

ha …to much of a good thing.lol

I’ve actually thrown away two kits, Bella and a Cathy Rowland kit. I have a Savannah tucked away in a box. Her AA coloring was coming a long nicely and something went horribly wrong with the head. I stripped it and finally gave up. Also have a Kaya that’s tucked away too. Tried painting her as a biracial when I first started and made a mess. I’m still holding out hope for her. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

None for me, fingers crossed.

1 Like

Ruined poor gemmas head. She’s now my test baby. Basically ruined rose pratts head but was determined and salvaged it.

1 Like

I once had to strip a Megan head, took so long and was sooooo aggravating that I threw it in the trash. I’ve got no time for stuff like that. A few months ago, I had so many problems with Gracie…couldn’t get her eyes set the way I wanted them. After several attempts I got MAD and went out the patio door, walked about 10 steps and pitched her head in the lake, bad eyeballs and all. Decided to take a picture. By the time I got my phone out of my pocket, that little head was GONE. Never to be seen again. She’s gator bait now.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

3 Likes

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Numerous! I have a whole plastic container of doll parts and some dolls i just didnt like

2 in total. One Max kit that I did the first experimental cloth body mod, the subsequent mods worked fine. And 1 Tory kit that I sat her parts in a wicker basket and the varnish from the basket left brown wicker marks all over her vinyl parts, so I turned her into a zombie baby .

4 Likes

Around 5​:grimacing::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, one got tossed in the trash