Traveling with baby

Hi all!
I was interested in how you all travel with your babies?
I have done small car trips with some of my babies in the car using car seat but I was thinking to maybe take one with me on a trip in which I will be flying. Do you pack them in your luggage/carryon or do you have them out with you?

Just don’t leave unattended in you rcar, my sister called me last night about that very thing . It seems she stopped at a dollar store with one I had made and she had a crowd of people surrounding her car trying to decide if they should break the window or call 911.

5 Likes

oh no! the few times I have taken my babies in the care with me, it was trips that I either weren’t leaving the car or they were traveling with me so I could take them somewhere specifically so they had to get out of the car with me. I am always nervous to take them with me places I cant take them in for that reason!!!

1 Like

If I’m traveling in the car it is usually short trips so I just put my doll in a car seat and go. If I have any stops to make then I put the whole thing in the trunk. I don’t take my dolls into stores (or anywhere else for that matter) and I sure don’t want to leave them in the car for someone to break a window. I always take the “safe” way!! I will be flying to ROSE and I plan on taking my doll in my carryon, I wouldn’t pack it in my case----have you seen the way they handle those!!!

3 Likes

thanks ! I use the same practices for car traveling as you stated. I guess I was more afraid of flying to avoid any being stopped and having to unpack everything to prove it was not a real baby or be damaged if I put it in my checked bag. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you are going to put it in your carryon I would make sure you place it right on the top in case you need to take it out. Also I would take a little ziplock baggie with some glass beads, polyfil etc. just to show them what is inside the doll in case they ask.

4 Likes

I wonder what people think when they see you put a “baby” in the trunk? LOL!!!

8 Likes

I just had the same thought when I read that lol.

2 Likes

Same response you get when leaving them in the car seat , yes my sister again . She had hers in the trunk area where her battery is and the boy who mows her yard needed a jump start.
He jumped looked panic thinking he had ran across a crazy baby killer , she managed to calm him and showed him it was not real.

3 Likes

My kids take them always in the carry on and never had problems …now they are in Europa …they was taking two Babys as a gift

anytime I’ve done that I would through a blanket on the seat and make it look as if it was either empty or full of supplies so no one thought I was being cruel to a baby!

1 Like

xD I always take the one I’m working on to root on down time and I always wrap a blanket around them and put them in a craft tote because I’ve imagined them busting a window!

4 Likes

Bwaaaaaaaaaa HAHAHA I was wondering that same thing!

1 Like

I guess I should have made that a little more clear!! If I have stops to make I put the baby in the trunk BEFORE I leave home. No one see’s me here! Believe me I have thought about that myself, I think boy I sure hope nobody’s creepin’ around and sees me do this!!

6 Likes

:smile::smile::smile:

I use the bigger 31 bag. It fits the baby perfectly. I cover it up with a blanket. :smile:

1 Like