Traveling pants box game

There appears to be interest in putting together another dolly accessory/supplies trading box. I have agreed to coordinate it this time and it will run the same way as Nicki24 has done them in the past. A few simple guidelines and rules to follow and you are in the game

I will assemble a small box (starting out) of reborning items. Items that can be considered for the box are mohair, doll bodies, kits, rooting needles if they are in a closed container, paints if they are sealed up tightly, eyes, cable ties, clothing in like new or new condition, rattles, blankets etc… You will bag each item and write on the bag the VALUE of the item. You will then take out of the box you just received anything that you like and as many items as you like…BUT, you must replace the items with equal value—please be fair with your pricing. You are free to put more in than you take out if that is your choice…our main concern is the value of the items not being less than what you actually took out of the box. There will be a logbook in the box that has an inventory sheet on it, who received the box before you, who gets it after you and what each person took out and put in. Each member needs to review the log and check contents in the box to make sure the log is accurate each trip it takes. The other stipulation in playing is that you must be willing to pack in a different (larger) box if necessary and you must be willing to insure the pkg for the value of the contents inside it and also place delivery confirmation on the box. I would like to have at least 10 participants in the beginning. After I get all the addresses, I plan on sending the box by proximity to the person who has it to save on shipping until we get to the point where all items will need to be moved into a flat rate box with no weight restrictions. Ex. I will gather the box, see which lady is closest to me…then make her first on the list, next I will see which member is closest to her, and make her second on the list…etc. etc… The box will come back to me middle row, so I can take inventory and see if I need to adjust anything and also so I get a chance at it too. If this sounds like fun and you want to participate do two things:

Reply to this thread yes or no and then email me privately your name, username and address for shipping. I currently have the following members:

I will monitor this thread closely throughout the duration of the traveling box. I hope this answers your questions and I look forward to the fun that is about to begin!

15 Likes

I will start with a flat rate box, so distance and weight won’t be an issue! If I have more than 10 interested, I will start it up!!!

1 Like

I am interested, it sounds like fun lol.

1 Like

Fun! I’ll play.

1 Like

Does this include international participants or US only?

I guess only US, because of the flat rate priority mail.

It won’t matter, flat rate is the same price any where.

4 Likes

I’ll play! Love this kind of stuff.

1 Like

We should probably make sure all the participants have positive feedback though! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And also got to figure in if people are from smoker’s homes, allergic and whatnot.

I’m from a non-smokers home, but I have a dog.

Nothing you get from me will be covered in dog hair but I know from hosting the swap that some people are highly allergic and/or sensitive to animals and smoke and it can be a deal breaker!

5 Likes

Just curious, where does the box wind up and who gets whats in it at the end??

3 Likes

I would assume back to @Nikkiroc… since she put stuff in first.

2 Likes

It ends when we run out of people! Lol you must put in equal value or more of what you keep:-)

3 Likes

IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC SKIP THIS ONE. Because so many people are involved, better safe than sorry. AND because of recent events, to play you must be an active member.

5 Likes

Yes, the game and begins and ends with me!

1 Like

This sounds like fun, I’m in.
Thank you Nikki for hosting!!!

2 Likes

Yay @GrammysReborns :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

2 Likes

sounds so fun!

2 Likes

Sounds like fun! I’m in too!

1 Like

Yay!!! This will be fun!!! Sisterhood of the traveling pants with no drama and reborn stuff!!!:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

8 Likes

Sealed ziplocks could help with the allergy issue. Smokers, pet owners etc., would just need to write their circumstance on the bag. If you are not allergic or mind things from homes of smokers, then you could freely choose those items (or pass otherwise).

Since I can’t reborn right now, I will add my name to the list.

3 Likes