Toledo Doll show

That would be awesome! Have fun at the show. Can’t wait to hear how it goes.

I don’t have many photos, my husband took a whole bunch, but he’s at work and I forgot to have him send me what he took, so I figured I’d just post the few that I have. Overall it was a success, although I don’t have any other shows to compare it to :slight_smile: It was almost all antique and other types of dolls, tons of American girl, Lee Middleton, Ashton Drakes, etc… There was one other reborn artist, however I did not know they were reborns. They looked to me like factory painted dolls, with strip eyelashes, wigs, etc… but the vendor said she painted them all, so I don’t know. But I felt like I didn’t have any competition. There were several customers there with reborns in strollers, they all stopped at my table and the ones that didn’t purchase babies took cards, several were specifically looking for AA painted babies, which I had none of :frowning: The show was very slow after the first hour. In the first 60 minutes I sold 5 dolls, then nothing at all for the rest of the show. I was able to do a lot of networking though and had a lot of people take cards. I had one customer who works at a hospital take a stack of cards to take to work and have had 3 people email me about babies since then as a direct referral from her, so I’m hoping that will be a good way to get some new customers as well. I also spoke with a lot of other vendors who recommended some other shows that I might do better at as well. All the vendors were so sweet and friendly and overall it was a really good experience and I’m glad I went. I’m also glad I did this smaller show as my first doll show, I learned so much and have an ongoing mental list of what I’ll do differently next time. I got a registration form for another show from a vendor who thought I’d do really well at that one, I’ll post the info for anyone else who lives in/close to Ohio that may be interested in participating. It’s in February and it would be really great if more of us could start participating in these local shows! They all said the doll show in Sauder Village was the show in Ohio for reborns, however they cancelled 2020 and 2021 due to COVID, but I’m definitely going to keep an eye out for 2022.

4 Likes

Congratulations! I call it a big success! Very happy for you!
And you table display looks so nice and clean comparing to overcrowded other sellers :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, congratulations on your sales. Your e-born site is cute. Thanks for sharing pics, that is a lot of dolls.

1 Like

I’m glad you like it. Congratulations on the sales. Thanks for posting the information about the doll show in February. I’m gonna think about getting a table.

2 Likes

I hope you do! The tables are cheaper than other shows, only $70 or $100 for an L. It’s a little over 2 hours from me, but it is in a hotel, so I figured I’ll just stay the night and it won’t be so bad driving :slight_smile:

1 Like

I go to the Strongsville show all the time! Its usually packed with people, and I have only ever seen one reborn artist there, and the dolls they had available were not very great. Expensive and not made from kits I’ve ever seen. I do think you would do well there.
Its a great show! I’ve only gone to the Toledo show once, and this one is pretty similar, lots of variety and all types of doll people go, including kids.
I went to the Ohio national doll show this past year and it is mainly antiques. There was one reborn vendor, but hardly anyone was looking at her booth. Most people are going for the antique and highly collectable dolls.

2 Likes

Congrats on your sales! Sounds like a nice show. I may see about attending next year. It’s nice that it’s close for me.

1 Like