Toddler hair advice

I am starting on a few toddler kits. I have only painted and rooted 0-6 month kits so far. I used good quality mohair with them. What is your go to for toddler hair? Human hair? How much per head?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

I would definitely use human hair if you want long hair, mohair would only really be suitable for a shorter hairstyle and it would take a lot. I’ve only rooted one toddler and used human hair. I bought 1 bundle of human hair from dollssoreal and used maybe half of it on a 30 inch toddler head. I can get a link to it in a minute :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is what I used and a pic of the babies I used it on. Both were rooted from the same bundle and I have enough left for at least another smallish head. https://www.dollssoreal.com/collections/mohair-and-human-hair/products/fine-straight-human-hair-40g-bundle?ls=en

1 Like

I also bought from Dolls So Real

1 Like

So cute! Beautiful work! Thanks for the link:-):slight_smile:

1 Like

They have wavy too, if that’s more what you’re looking for. It did leak a little dye so I would wash it really well unless you get blonde. I got auburn and that’s what I used on my girls. It was nice to root, I used my usual 42 gauge forked needle and it worked great.

1 Like

Perfect! Thanks for the reminder about the hair color. I’m thinking blonde but darker has always been easier for me to see/root.
That happy pup in your profile is too much😍

2 Likes

Blonde can be tricky for sure. Human hair is thicker so it’s easier to see, so it may not be as much trouble as blonde mohair would be.
Thank you! She’s my favorite girl!

2 Likes

Your rooting is beautiful and the dolls are so cute!

2 Likes

fixitguruluver

hair4sell

These two sellers can be found on eBay. I have not used their hair, but a friend has and was/is very happy with it. These sellers are related.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll check them both out.

1 Like