Tips on shipping

How do you ship your babies? What size box do you use? Do you use flat-rate boxes? Looking for any shipping tips!

I have always used Large flat rate box, usps priority.

1 Like

I use 20 x 8 x 8 that I purchase from Amazon

1 Like

I’ve used large flat rate but it limits what you can put in there. You have to curl them up in fetal position almost.

Yes, I’m adding several items to the box, so I’m going to need a bit more room I think. I just worry about how much it will add to the cost.

I use 18x10x8. I get them on Amazon.

1 Like

I put them in a large flat rate 9 times out of 10 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

20X8X8 from Uline …very fast shipping

2 Likes

Me too. Except for larger dolls like Huxley :joy:

How much is shipping in the US? Can you print the postage and have the box picked up?

Shipping varies depending on where the buyer lives and the weight of the package. I always buy full package value insurance and signature delivery which up the cost. But I usually pay between $20-$40.
I print labels on my home printer and schedule porch pickup for the next day. Easy peasy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s great! I need a box for Huxley. I usually only paint newborns or preemies, but she doesn’t fit in a large flat rate.

1 Like

Wanted to share my experience with the site Pirateship. I saved $10 by purchasing my shipping label through them! I was able to also purchase insurance and signature right on their site. You sign up for a free account and it’s super easy! I dropped my package off at the post office today with no problems. You can also schedule delivery for pick up at your home just as you would through USPS. I would recommend comparing your shipping costs on their site, definitely worth it!

I came across pirate ship and I’m going for it. Hopefully first shipment will go without a hitch @PhotographyForLife usps $17.60 vs pirateship $11.79 same exact box and weight. We shall see. I just came on here to see if anyone else had used this service and get reviews

2 Likes

I use the same, fits everything nicely.

1 Like

May I ask what size boxes you are using and whether you think the purchase of them impacts your savings much? Pirates hip states on their website that you don’t save much if you continue to use the large flat rate boxes, the savings are using cubic size.

@PenelopesRebornDolls I ordered the shoebox size from USPS website. They are 7x5x14 and fit 2 kits in there.
I haven’t went thru with the transaction yet, however, it looks like I just pay, print, and take to post office. That’s a big difference.

1 Like