This makes me so mad!

This afternoon I have been surfing ebay looking at various reborned babies, and I am so angry! So many dolls with absolutely shocking rooting = whole tuffts of hairs, like 20, and in description they say something like: “professionally microrooted, one hair at a time”. Some mention that they use 43g needle, “which guarantees only 1 hair is in each hole”; well IT DOES NOT, if people just stub at it they will most likely pick up more than 1 hair, and their photos shows that they do. While I would be able to root 1 hair with 36 needle, because I do carefuly pick up only 1 hair at a time. Not that I would want to do that; who needs the huge holes. It is so depressing having to compete with such dolls, when it takes me 30 - 40 hours to root my babies.

Are these people blind, or just cannot count past ONE?

I noticed that quite a few dolls are misrepresented. What the artist lacks in skills they make up for in words and descriptions. The people who buy into this misconception are looking for a “deal” and do not know quality when they see it. Just keep making quality dolls and the discerning buyer will know the difference.
Mary

I have a feeling some of them have more than 3 or 4 hairs per hole. And I admit I root thickly but do try to limit the number of hairs per head. What gets to me is the way that some of the paint looks and it might just be my monitor and eyes. I think to that some people are happy with their dolls as long as they don’t see a “good” reborn since they simply don’t know the difference. Torn between letting them have a bad reborn just so they have a dolly to love and smacking them upside the head and telling them that for a few dollars more, they could have a baby that is beautiful.

— Begin quote from “babymamma”

I noticed that quite a few dolls are misrepresented. What the artist lacks in skills they make up for in words and descriptions. The people who buy into this misconception are looking for a “deal” and do not know quality when they see it. Just keep making quality dolls and the discerning buyer will know the difference.
Mary

— End quote

I agree with Mary- just ignore the ones that are misrepresented- and carry on with quality. There is plenty of the "garage sale " mentality on Ebay- unfortunately Ebay doesn’t have any big competitors- but the sales happen- so it is what it is.