This is hard!

While my two year old got in some daddy time, I decided to get started on my first baby. I’ve been painting on canvas for years, so how hard could this be, right? Wrong. Lol Oh my. I guess I didn’t mix my flesh tone all the way because I somehow got a streak of red across her head. I think her lips are uneven because I couldn’t really tell where the lip line was supposed to be. Found the perfect dry brush to pounce paint out of creases… didn’t realize there was some black glitter looking stuff in there, so you can imagine how that went.

I’m done for the day. Grateful for sale kits here at BB because this one is going to be a hot mess! :joy:

18 Likes

Don’t worry, we’ve all made our share of mistakes----you can always join the Strippers club!!!

9 Likes

My first doll had the same problem. I had green paint and blue glitter. Every so often I find glitter sealed into her! It is hard but not crazy. Once you get your bearings you will get used to it. Which kit are you doing?

2 Likes

Welcome to the club! There’s nothing like hands-on experience. :grin:

3 Likes

I started with a doll for my then 2 yr old… I have 5 kids so I did one for each of them first to get experience and they dont care if there is any mistakes. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m doing Megan @RebornReflections. I got her half off because I thought she was adorable and the perfect size for my 2 year old.

3 Likes

Megan’s a cutie! Your two year old will love her/him. Are you planning on rooting? Post pics of you can, we would love to see

2 Likes

Lol! The first one is the most confusing. You never stop learning

2 Likes

After I get her covered in other substances and colors that don’t belong on a baby, I’ll post pics. Give me a few days. :smile:

And no rooting on this one… I’m going to practice hair painting.

7 Likes

Don’t worry. You can strip her and start fresh. Also, I suggest you buy a set of brushes that are used for nothing but your doll paint. It can be fussy when combined with anything else. And don’t work on a table you’ve used for glitter in the last ten years, LOL. That stuff is terrible. I’m still finding glitter from my homeschooled kids. I haven’t homeschooled for two years now but the glitter lingers!

3 Likes

Lol glitter is evil! I have that micro glitter and it got everywhere when my son used it for a project. Was considering mailing an envelope of it off to my ex MIL… evil laugh…

10 Likes

Hmmm… ideas, ideas. Wonder how my ex husband would like an envelope? Better yet his mistress, now “girlfriend.” Haaaaaaaaaa!!! :joy: :joy: :joy:

Doesn’t take much to amuse me, now does it? Lol

6 Likes

This sight will mail off glitter for you so the person getting it wont know who sent it lol
http://theglittergrenade.com

5 Likes

@DollyPardon - sorry about your struggles painting. Please keep posting, I am enjoying your post and the replies.

2 Likes

Hilarious!

2 Likes

So funny :blush: Trust me it gets easier and easier

3 Likes

I think they would both love one!!! :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Hush it! Too funny :smile::smile::smile: I’ve got 3 girls so, glitter in my home is inevitable :smiley:

3 Likes

I know how that is. For a while I was always having “glitter glare” off the tiny piece of glitter that was stuck somewhere on my face. Or my husband would go to work and when he came home I would find that he had had glitter on his face somewhere all day. That must have made his co-workers laugh.

1 Like

Hahaha :smile: my hubby often sports glitter at work or even better little girly stickers. Our 2nd daughter loves passing out stickers :blush: if you tell her no thanks she demands at least a small one :smile:

1 Like