The Yophi Doll Show - Orlando, FL, Dec. 3-4 2023

Pasada Party :tada: :tada: :tada:
The whole Yophi’s family are great singers!

3 Likes

Love all the pictures Yelena looks like a lot of fun! Maybe if they have it next year.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. Were sales good for those of you that were vendors? @YelenaRey @ellakabella @RosieCait

1 Like

@ellakabella and @RosieCait were just visitors. :slight_smile:
@YelenaRey and @PhotographyForLife were vendors. Not sure if anyone else here was?

1 Like

Jenni is right. It was me and Kelly.
Comparing to DOTWE I did great with my sales.
I sold 9 babies, or technically 10, but lady had an med emergency situation with her husband and she wanted my Bettie, so she pay me right before the show and I didn’t have to bring Bettie there.
All 9 were sold at the fist day on Sunday. First 8 was laterally one after another.
Monday was dead for me for dolls, but I was selling other staff till the last minute and even during packing :laughing:

I heard many sold one doll or none, but I can’t speak for those people.

If you are interested here is YT video, but this lady came after I already sold 8.
I had no idea who she was and she has a channel on the YT. I didn’t know that she is an artist herself till her mom told me after. She came to my booth and asked me if it’s ok to make a video. I said ‘Of course’ thinking that she would just go over the dolls. Then she asked ‘Is it ok if I include you?’. I thought she would just show my face and say ‘Hi’. I wasn’t prepared to answer any questions, or have discussions on camera :scream:
I absolutely didn’t remember the numbers of my dolls, or how many prototypes were done, who was in the DOTWE contest and all that stuff. I wasn’t even aware that other people were talking about me. The show was so busy on Sunday morning and I was so overwhelmed and tired that I hope that people will not think that I am that stupid.

2 Likes

Thank you! I expect it would be better next year as it was a learning experience for the show organizers and stuff also. I would definitely sign up again.

1 Like

I would love to go to a huge event and see all the dolls!!!

1 Like

Yophis posted Baby Shower video and updated their side with pictures from 2023.
I didn’t attend Baby Shower, but looks like so much fun!

@YelenaRey can I ask how you make these baby props like these blue ones etc.? great photos too!

2 Likes

Sure.
@Pia gave me the dimensions (thank you so much) of the tube aka ‘baby nest’ - 50" x 12".
It filed with the polyfill and tied at the ends. They even support bigger sitting babies well, if you place them in the middle, like the 2nd row in the picture above.

4 Likes

Beautiful! I think I might need to make some of these.

1 Like

So cute, soft, versatile and washable! Lol

I might have to make some too. Seems how my display idea for Rose has to be redone… it wont fit on the narrow tables. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

:smiley:wow!!! Those are so perfect to put your doll in lol…and I’ve been trying to look for wicker basket…hahaha

1 Like

You can also make 2 long rolls, one for the head and one for the knees, and line all the babies up on the table like in a bed. This might work best for a narrow table. Michelle Manning says she puts paper towel rolls lined up under her blankets to make a big bed that she goes to Walmart to buy after she gets to the show then gives them away after. I have done the same thing in the past with big pool noodles.

4 Likes