The story of Celeste ~ oh boy

Sold Celeste on Ebay Sunday evening, buyer paid immediately thru PayPal with an echeck. Okey dokey. Echeck supposed to clear my bank today, according to PayPal. Nope. Got a message saying the echeck payment failed. I contacted buyer who said she will pay tomorrow when her husband’s social security check is deposited in their account.

RED FLAG.

Seriously, lady, if you need to use your husband’s social security check to pay WHY are you even thinking about buying a doll!!!

So tonight, she messages me telling me to cancel the transaction, that her husband won’t let her buy the doll.

REALLY??? I am not a bit surprised, like I said above.

Anyway, I submitted the request to cancel and she now has 10 days to do so. If she doesn’t, it will automatically close and I can relist. I even called Ebay and spoke to “JEFF” who told me not to worry, that I do not owe her a refund since she didn’t pay. Gee, thanks, Jeff…good to know. Just covering my tracks here. Evilbay makes track covering a necessity.

I’ve already relisted her on reborns.com.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY SOMETHING IF YOU CANNOT PAY – it’s as simple as that.

And yes, as soon as the transaction is canceled I will give you her Ebay ID so you can all block her.

What a time waster. Geeze.

6 Likes

It’s TRUE, @Simone…I have always attracted weirdos.

My husband HATES when I say that…LOL…

4 Likes

I’m so sorry, Karen! Your Celeste deserves a better mommy. The right mommy will be along soon.

1 Like

Thanks, Amy ~ for all this lady put me through this week, I’m actually relieved and happy that Celeste won’t be going to live with her. Like I always say, it’s better to get over it and move on.

2 Likes

How awful. I am so sorry that you have to deal with another “weirdo” I tell you all these horror stories that I have read makes me very nervous on even trying to sell my reborns. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you on finding a much better “Mommy” for her.

2 Likes

So sorry Karen! :weary:I sold my Caleb on Sunday night through eBay… No pay, and no response. Of course the bidder had zero feedback even though I state “must contact me before placing a bid”. eBay is exhausting. :weary:

5 Likes

Ebay can be VERY challenging, to say the least. This woman has perfect FB, paid immediately, and then…NOTHING.

A lot of good it does to require immediate payment if people with no money in the bank are going to pay.

And @Nikkiroc, I truly believe most people never bother to read the auctions. They couldn’t or they wouldn’t ask us such stupid questions like “What do I feed this baby?” and other nonsensical things.

They walk among us.

4 Likes

I think we should get matching shirts with that slogan! Lololll

3 Likes

I think we should get matching shirts with that slogan! Lololll

3 Likes

I think some people have itchy fingers syndrome…when they see a baby they really like they can’t resist bidding or buying even if they can’t pay. It really is hard passing up a reborn sometimes :weary: but if you don’t have the money, you don’t have the money. Sorry this happened to you! Hope that next time it’s a real sale!

3 Likes