The problem w/ semi customs

I have a customer I have made dolls for about 3 years for…she asks me to make certain ones and I always agree and it’s been great. This time she wanted Missy…she sent me a picture of a prototype (I know, no one can create the same doll as someone else) I TOLD HER THIS. I can try to do some of the same things; eye color, hair color. She said yes, I will love this doll in your style. She bought the kit and I did the work for what I would consider a really good deal…
I finally finished her hair last night and I was so happy with how she has turned out and I text her the pictures. she finally responded with a long text along with the picture I sent her and the picture of the prototype doll circling the hairline and how it’s just not like the other doll and asking if I can add more hair to the hairline. Also how it’s not curly enough. So I rooted more hair no problem.
Now I’ve sent her pictures of the doll completed and she says her skin color is amazing…doesn’t mention the hair. like it’s just the worst rooting job ever.
Here’s the doll I made and the prototype :unamused:
Never making a requested doll again :no_good_woman:t3:

6 Likes

The rooting is beautiful. Why are people so trifling? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Idk but I’m really sad because I thought she would be so pleased.
Thank you

4 Likes

Hmmmm…I actually like yours better than the prototype :thinking:

I once had someone send me a picture of one of my own reborns and ask me to copy it. I told her no.

3 Likes

Thanks Karen💜
I’ve told others no before too. Especially if they have never purchased from me before.

2 Likes

Sounds like she really did just want the prototype and couldn’t let go of that vision. It’s not your job to copy another artist and you did a beautiful job of capturing some similarities while making it your own :heart: I’m so sorry for the response you received!

4 Likes

Yeah after a few progress pictures I sent her she would send me that one again or zoom in and send a screenshot of how she thought mine should be…really odd because it was so unlike her. Thank you for the compliment :purple_heart:

1 Like

Seriously, she’s beautiful.

2 Likes

You’re so sweet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I offered to refund her the cost of the kit if she just wasn’t feeling it. She says no but still doesn’t seem happy🤦🏼‍♀️

Whatever, Trevor. That’s what I’d say to that!

3 Likes

:joy: never heard that one, I like it!

The bangs on the prototype are a little wispier. She can get the same effect by combing some of those front hairs back with a tiny bit of hair gel. Your doll is beautiful. It’s hard to match someone else’s vision. Sometimes I can’t get my own vision the way I want it.

4 Likes

I told her that too and I what it seems like is she doesn’t like is the length of the hair. But when she told me to make the doll in MY style…part of my style is going for realism and 2 month old babies don’t have long pigtails😄

3 Likes

Well your baby is beautiful and if she wanted it to look exactly like the prototype she should have hired that artist and paid that price. You made a gorgeous baby. :heartpulse:

4 Likes

Thank you!!

I don’t see your version very different from the prototype, although I like YOURS better. In my opinion she should be extremely happy. You made a gorgeous baby.

4 Likes

I like your version better than the prototype. The prototype is very beautiful Yours has a more realistic look.

3 Likes

Wow, thank you to all of you! I am very shocked and so touched! I talked to my husband about it but I wondered if he was just saying things to be nice and cheer me up. I knew I’d get honest responses here. I appreciate it so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

The prototype looks like a beautiful reborn. Yours looks like a real child.
I definitely also prefer your version. I can’t believe she was upset about receiving the one you made. I’d be over the moon.

2 Likes

Thanks so much!!:purple_heart: