The out of country saga continues...ADVICE?

Okay. So I had refunded a woman because she ordered my doll from out of the country. I didn’t know how to do a refund, so I sent the money to her. It showed up on my paypal as pending. She didn’t collect it. I emailed her. She said not to worry, that the money had been credited to her account. It continued and continued and continued to show pending, uncollected on my Paypal althought the money was out of my account and she said it was in hers. So today we called Paypal. They looked the transaction over and said that the email was invalid and that’s why it wasn’t going through. They decided to cancel the transaction which they promised took nothing out of her account. So now the money is back in my account, but I’m totally freaked out because it’s NOT MY MONEY! I have $300 in my account, and I still have the doll and oh my gosh! This really has me crazy. I don’t intend to touch that money, but it’s wierd having it sitting there. What would you guys do???

3 Likes

I have no idea. I’d probably double check with her to make sure it was this money that went into her account. If it was, I’d probably leave it on my PayPal account forever because I’d be too afraid to do anything else with it. lol

3 Likes

I don’t what to say other then to call paypal back and let them know. Other then that I would leave the money there while it gets worked out.

2 Likes

Worst case scenario…she realizes she never got the money and requests a refund via PayPal and they give her the money. Or, you can go ahead and do a “real” refund to her and be done with it.

Oh, Paypal knows. This was what they did, not what I did!

@Amy Paypal says the account is not legit and this is some sort of scam, but nobody can figure it out. So, I don’t want to submit real funds to a fake account although, it’s not my money so…

1 Like

@jeanhai I already checked with her and she said it was credited to her account but
Paypal came right out and said she was lying because the account was not valid. How can this benefit anyone. I have a sum of money in my Paypal that now I have to constantly deduct to know what my real Paypal balance is.

Ok. So, leave it there and, if nothing else happens, after the 6 months goes by it’s your money then! It would be nice for a scammer to lose money at their own game. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Best advice yet, and my husband says the same thing.

5 Likes

I agree with Amy, just put it out of your mind. Six months from now you will have some bonus Dollie money, yeaaahaaa, go shopping!!! Now there’s something to look forward to.

1 Like

I agree it is good advice. I would also stop any communication with this women. Let paypal handle it.

2 Likes

The greatest part of all this is: It’ll be just in time for the ROSE show!!! Extra money you didn’t plan on, yippee!!

3 Likes

If you block her on Ebay does that block her from Paypal? If it is a scam of some sort, maybe blocking her access to your contact info and your paypal address would be a good idea? Otherwise, just leave the money where it is and if 6 months goes by and she hasn’t requested it be returned, it sounds like she would have lost her opportunity to get it back and it would be yours. Glad you didn’t go any further with this transaction!

This was thru reborns.com, not Ebay. It’s all taken care for for now! We’ll see what happens down the road.

3 Likes

Ha! Ha! Ha! Nimlet!!! My husband told me this morning, “If you hold it for six months and you are still feeling bad about keeping it, you can give it to me!” All you guys have your hands in my pockets!!! :smile:

4 Likes