The difference between a manufactured doll and a reborn 🤬

So this is Ashton Drake So Truly Real Emma. She’s number 969 of a limited edition of 1000. Here are some of the things she was stuffed with : a plastic bag of brown sand/dirt, a rubber band, an empty plastic bag crammed into one leg, very nice polyfill, and a cloth sack of poly pollets. She also had coat hanger armature in her arms. I might just send this to the next person that wants to lowball me on a SOLE doll…or any doll.

11 Likes

:frowning:

1 Like

:flushed:

1 Like

Whoa!!!

1 Like

Yikes I’ll be opening my Ashton drake Emily this week. I’ll let you know what I find!

5 Likes

Yep, that’s what Ashton Drake does. I’ve got the little Emmy and she also had plastic bags of sand inside of her, cardboard discs that looked like they were cut out of a cereal box or something glued onto the openings of the limbs, her limbs were glued to the body…
It’s as if a bunch of savages are trying to make a doll! Like, put down the sand and the glue, guys!

4 Likes

Grossness that is not a collectible except by the rubbish collector. JMO :scream:

5 Likes

It’s ugly, 2 year ago I was buy little peanut, she’s arrived literally different, deluded

1 Like

Wow!! :rage:

1 Like

Oh boy!

1 Like

I am opening up AD Katie. If I find something weird I’ll post.

4 Likes

I know of other artists that use cardboard disks in the limbs. I haven’t started selling, but I actually started slipping disks of white cardboard behind the flanges sometimes instead of moleskin over the top. What do people think about that?

3 Likes

That part is fine. I was most offended by the dirty sandbags that got dust and stains on some of the polyfill, the empty plastic sacks, and the random trash like rubber bands that were stuffed in there.

4 Likes

I’d say plain white/grey cardboard is just fine. I do think if it’s cut out of a cereal box or something similar, I makes the reborn seem cheap.

3 Likes

Plugs are inexpensive. Why not to use them?

3 Likes

Oh wow!!:flushed:
Are you planning on reborning her? If so I would live updates and how you are planning on baking her since AD have weird vinyl

2 Likes

Using cardboard on hand is even less expensive :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I am. She can’t be any worse than those yucky Berjusa dolls from 1985 I did. They ended up doing OK. Nobody wants them though because they are ugly LOL

3 Likes

She’s done with paint! Now considering hair colors.

2 Likes

How was the vinyl? Did it take paint different? Did you use air dry or GHSP? I’m working up the nerve to start mine!