The big Do Over

Im hearing alot of stories about people buying dolls then taking them apart.I know some dolls arent perfect.But I see alot of sellers stating that the doll wasnt made by them.They just improved the doll.Now their selling it lol…crazy doll world

2 Likes

It wouldn’t seem like the time and money would be worth it.

2 Likes

I can’t make sense out of this… Unless the doll was a hot mess and the original seller knew it and sold at a super cheap price. Other than that, wouldn’t it make more sense to buy a kit?

3 Likes

Unless it’s a highly sought after kit for super cheap it just doesn’t sound like a venture I’d want to take :smile:

2 Likes

Like the other girls said unless it was a doll purchased for cheap like 20 or something then it would be more of a hassle than it’s worth!

2 Likes

So funny you posted this. There is a lady on YT that buys babies and redoes them. I am always afraid to name names in case they are here but holy she takes a perfectly nice doll, it may have been a boo-boo baby but they seem like nice dolls and she “fixes” them. I have nick named her (and the others like her) “Sid” (from Toy Story). One of the dolls had pretty eyes and rooted ginger hair. She ripped it all out and glued a dark wig on it and put in big brown eyes. I just kept wondering why she just didn’t buy a kit and make a doll? I think she resells them???

3 Likes

I always thought they were dolls purchased to keep, tweaked to the new owners style, kept awhile and then passed on to someone else while culling the collection. Buying, redoing and reselling? Ehhh - Fo’get Aboud It!:kissing_heart:

1 Like

The YouTube lady may have an angle. She’s probably trying to get views with her episodes of Flip this Doll. Views = $$$$$.

As far as why anyone else would do this, I still am stumped. Stripping doll parts is a royal pain, especially when the paint has cured.

1 Like

Can someone message me the YouTube lady’s name? I’m dying to see this because I don’t understand WHY someone would do that.

Send me the name too.I want to see what she is doing.

Actually, I’m curious and want to see too. Lol

I have had quite a few people send me their dolls to “fix”. A lot of times it’s cheaper for them than buying a new baby depending on what they want done.

Let me go and find it. I will private message you guys.

I redo babies but have recently started doing non bb kits only. It’s alot of work to strip them and remove hair and such. Just not worth the time to redo a BB kit since they can be purchased reasonably.

1 Like

I’ve actually seen this lady on YT before. She definitely loves her babies and seems very, very particular. Everything about them as to be absolutely perfect or she will change it.

I watched a video last night of her ripping apart a doll that was perfectly cute because she had a different vision than the original artist did. She also mentioned reselling them… so idk.

I get more thrill out of renovating old, raggedy buildings than I’d ever get out of building a new one. So maybe she’s a little like me? :smile: