Stripping one area

Has anyone successfully stripped just one part of a painted kit and got it to match up? My twin A is fully painted but the inside of his mouth turned out horrible…there are paint pooling areas. Do you think I could carefully strip just the inside of the mouth and start again? :grimacing:

I think the inside of the mouth is totally doable. Just be extremely careful stripping the paint so you don’t ruin the outside.

1 Like

I’ve never been able to match a spot that needed to be matched the same colour, I just can’t blend the spot without overlapping. But since the inside of the mouth would be different than the face or lips I’m sure you could do it just fine.

1 Like

I stripped the painted hair from my celine. It had a line but wouldn’t have been seen once she was rooted. I think, if you are very careful not to get remover on the lip you should be fine, its an area that has a defined border so that should be easier.

1 Like

If you use a toothpick dipped in some Windsor and Newton to loosen the paint, then blot it out with a Q-tip you should be able to get it out without damaging the lips.

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone! I’m thinking that I’ll give it a try.

1 Like