Stripping air dry

So I decided to strip my Orlaith, I don’t normally strip a kit I just throw them because I can’t get Windsor and Newton cleaner and restorer in the UK and acetone destroys the vinyl but I decided to try my artist soap that I use for my brushes and it worked great (apart from some staining on the lips).
The vinyl is still lovely and matt like it was originally and no nasty chemicals needed!! Anyway I though I would share as I know others have trouble getting A&N

I just used a soft baby toothbrush rubbed on the soap bar and then scrubbed

17 Likes

Guess what I can’t find over here? :smile:
I’ll order a different brand and give it a try. It takes entirely too long with W&N.

Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Urgh, I have another brand but not tried that one in stripping, did you try Amazon, that’s where I got mine x

2 Likes

Yes, I checked Amazon. I will try another brand. If it doesn’t work I will use for my brushes because they aren’t getting clean enough anyway.

5 Likes

Good to know, thanks.

2 Likes

So glad you found something to work! Yay!!! Now no more tossing kits :scream: thanks for sharing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Haha yep will save me a lot of money :joy:

3 Likes

My air dry paints come off with Palmolive.

2 Likes

Seriously???

1 Like

Isn’t it worrisome that the air dry can be removed with soap?

4 Likes

No. I have not sealed it yet. I have to work to get the paint off. My dolls I have made for family have not had issues with paint coming off after sealed and varnished. My soft pastels are holding up after sealing and varnishing also. I have not heard any of my family having any problems with paint and pastels at this time.

2 Likes

Yes. I have a to work to get paint off after I use sealer and it has cured.

1 Like

Most air dry from my experience wont. I tried hard to get off golden, ultimate fusion and rebornfx and those stuck well. :wink:

2 Likes

Yep liquitex is the same, even acetone struggles to get it off but it was easy with the artists soap

3 Likes

My Hazel that I painted after I first started a few years ago has been handled by many. Her paint and powders are holding up. I have had to use Windsor and Newton to strip some of my air dry after sealing to remove the paint.

8 Likes

She’s beautiful!

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not sure the artist soap would get through varnish, thankfully I didn’t get that far on my Orlaith :joy:

3 Likes

I know what you mean.

Thank you so much. I have a thing for crying babies. I could not let her go.

2 Likes

She looks so alive! :heart_eyes:

1 Like