Stripping after baked

Can geneisis be stripped after its baked?

I stripped one for a lady last month and redid it for her.Supposedly it was genesis heat set and it came off easy.I was thinking maybe she didn’t set the paint properly,since I stripped that sucker down easy.

What did you use to strip it with?

I wiped it down with acetone.It came off so easy,I was amazed.Washed it back down good with dawn and re-painted.

1 Like

Thanks ill try it and see🙂

Hope yours is as easy to strip as that one was.:wink:

I’ve stripped with Winsor Newton before.

1 Like

Windsor n newton works great.

I strip with winsor and Newton. It doesn’t damage the vinyl. Works great and doesn’t leave the kit slick like acetone does.

1 Like

I’ve heard that acetone leaves the vinyl sticky as well! I wouldn’t do it. I’d use WN only.

OH, well the one I did was not a bit sticky or shiny.

I had an easier time stripping genesis than I did stripping air dry. I also recommend using Windsor and newton.

1 Like

Thank you all for advice! :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

Definitely use Windsor and Newton brush cleaner… I have used it to stip an already baked baby and it works great :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you, Ill go buy some, Its for my meike head :frowning:️, Im not sure what happened, but the paint looks really thick, I did this about 6 months ago, and thought Id work on it.

1 Like