Some of My Vintage Doll Collection

Not all, but most of my favorites.

20 Likes

@Kimberly

Hiya there- thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!! :blush: I sure do!!! They are called ‘Baby Dear’ sculpted by Eloise Wilkin and produced by Vogue.

I’m not sure about crying- I have never seen any one selling them mention that. Neither of the two I have cry. However, I will say that I noticed one had broken pieces inside of her that were all smashed up. I researched and found out it was an old school crying mechanism…however, not sure if someone put it in there or if she originally came like that.

It’s quite the mystery! :wink:

1 Like

They’re beautiful! I love vintage baby dolls!

1 Like

Love them!!

1 Like

You have a nice collection there.

@Kimberly You’re very welcome!! Glad I could help. Hope you are able to find one soon! They’re on the expensive side but if you’ve got a keen eye you can catch a deal sometimes, especially if you find one that’s unlisted- that’s how I found mine! Good luck and happy hunting!

1 Like

Thank you, Amy, good to see you! Me, too- they’re so special. I love anything with some history behind it.

1 Like

Thank you both!! @DollyPardon @lollipop_cradle :heart:

1 Like

Thank you, Stephanie! I think it’s cool you’ve got the books- I’ve wanted them but just have not gotten around to buying any. You should definitely get a Baby Dear when you get the chance. Love their chubbiness. :smiley: @Stephie

1 Like

I still have my Baby Dear One dolls from when I was a child. They are very well loved!

1 Like

I absolutely love the vintage dolls. I tried to buy an old Thumbelina doll on EBay once and the bid got too high for me. You have an awesome collection!! Is that Baby Dear?

1 Like

WOW! You’ve got a wonderful collection!

1 Like

Awesome dollys! I love them. I have some vintage dollys too. Some were “rescued” after a auction from going in the dumpster.

1 Like

@Meandmydollie Wow!! How neat is that??! I feel so bad for my mother- she has no dolls from her childhood and she really wishes she still had the Mrs. Beasley she had as a kid.

@CindyLouWho Hey, Cindy, it sure is!! Great eye!

@kareninflorida So nice to see you around, Karen! Thank you!!

@sweet95kitty Thank you!! Some of the best dolls are rescues, you know!!

2 Likes

Awww. I remember Mrs. Beasley. I didn’t have one, but I certainly loved watching Family Affair when I was little. My mother had a Shirley Temple doll when she was little. She played with her, but when she stopped playing with her, her mother gave her away! Isn’t that awful?

1 Like

That’s so fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Love them! Especially the group in the first pic. Thanks for sharing:)

1 Like

A small sampling of my doll collection

3 Likes

Wow, saw your photo and am speechless! Wow, my poor Dusty dolls are scattered or in boxes. My babies from childhood dry rotted after being put in a storage shed. My mom broke her baby when she was 82. Both of us were devastated. I saved my girls’ dolls even if they don’t want them! Hopefully I can get my room set up soon!

Thankfully, my son moved out and I took over his room!! I told him he could sleep on the pull out in the living room if he came to visit!!! lol