Soft touch /color question

Ok! So you know how we can add a color to our varnish at the end(final bake) … What I’m wondering is… Can I add color to the soft touch air dry varnish?

1 Like

Would have to be an air dry paint that you add to it but yes I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that someone does that!

2 Likes

Shoot you are right! And air dry paint. I think I’m going to just get a couple colors to start… And try using them for touch ups. It would be handy with the air dry sealer. :grinning:

2 Likes

Oh, no! That really stinks, Sonja! :cry:

2 Likes

I’m sure it isn’t an easy decision; you do so well with both.

1 Like

At this point, you won’t know if the problem is the soft vinyl or the varnish. Hmmm…I do know the soft vinyl can be problematic at times. Some recommend air dry paints so the pieces don’t melt in the oven but others have baked the parts with no problems.

3 Likes

I wonder which was the problem? I haven’t used my soft touch yet…maybe I won’t!

Btw… I’m sorry Sony! :weary:

2 Likes

What is this golden liquid satin glaze now??? Lolol so many products! It’s like my bathroom!

5 Likes

That’s awesome!! :smiley:

1 Like

@DDDolly have you ever read the book the secret? It’s an intro to positive thing. Basically thoughts become things. As in… The more you talk about being sick… The sicker you will become. Change your thoughts. I know it’s hard, but this way of thinking has changed my life. You can watch the entire book/movie on netflivks and you tube. Please try it.

1 Like

Question… I have my shopping cart with all the powders I think I need I want to start using them with the GHSP, not sure on how much matte or shine remover or sure bond to order do you use a lot a Little? More of one then the other? Any of those I don’t need? help please, didn’t mean to take over thread Nikki sorry just seen ya talking about it :kiss::kiss:

1 Like

@Angel I don’t know the awnser but send me a pic of your order so we can have the same stuff and help each other! :heart:

Sorry to hear that Sonja. I hate to hear that even the pros have to strip! Maybe we should start a club and call us the “Baby doll Strippers!” (can we add that to a section in this forum)? I tried to fix that spot on Tegan’s head. I knew it was a long shot.The more I tried, the worse it got. I am going to have to strip the whole head. So, I will mix big batches of my paints and do another doll along with her. This way I’ll feel like I am accomplishing something. I need to make a list of the lessons I am learning along the way. 1) write down every little recipe of my paint mixes or save leftovers for my touch ups. 2) Listen to that little voice inside my head that says “don’t do it Lisa” Got a feeling I’m not going to ever do #2.

2 Likes

Debbie, Praying for your pain and healing. God does work miracles. :slight_smile: Love in Christ, Tami

4 Likes

Sony, Praying for you. God does heal or He helps us through it. :slight_smile: love in Christ

4 Likes

If you believe it won’t happen, it won’t. Open your mind to possibilities:-)

3 Likes

Good! Practice makes perfect! :wink:

1 Like