So do I send her doll, or no?

This was in my email. Do I go ahead and send the doll she bought, or no?

The payment from C.C. is on a temporary hold

We’ve placed the money on hold because we believe this transaction may involve a higher than usual risk. The money has been added to your on hold balance. There’s no need for you to do anything and as long as no claims are raised by the buyer, the funds will be automatically released in 21 days.

1 Like

No, don’t send till money will be released to you. Send CC email to you buyer and inform that you and her soul wait 3 weeks.

5 Likes

I agree with :point_up_2:t4::point_up_2:t4::point_up_2:t4::point_up_2:t4:

1 Like

This is what she replied:
So I will have to wait at least 21 days to receive the doll? I have sold several dolls on ebay and on reborns.com, and have used PayPal. The funds are released after the buyer receives the item. The holding of the funds are to protect the buyer and when it is clear that the product was received the funds are cleared. This occurred with my fist several transactions and the funds were cleared before the 21 days when the customers received the dolls. Please consider sending the doll before the 21 days. The money is there.
Thank you

(How come this is being held, anyway? I have never had funds held before.)

1 Like

Typically when funds are held you actually are supposed to send UNLESS Paypal specifically says not to. Typically they are released with within a day of the item being delivered.

3 Likes

The buyer is correct. You will receive the funds typically within a day of the buyer receiving the them item. Many things tigger funds being held. Like not selling for a while, or no account activity, or the pricing being significantly higher than other transactions. I would personally would send but you can contact PayPal to make sure it is okay to send

3 Likes

That is weird…I have never had that happen. With everyone who has paid me through paypal I have received the money immediately into my account.

1 Like

Usually they only hold if new to paypal or alot of claims against you. If you log into PayPal, do you see the funds on hold? (Not via email but PayPal) if so, it could be a random hold that I’ve see alot say lately. If not, it’s a scam where they pretend to pay, send a fake paypal email claiming they paid and you must ship. If all else, contact paypal to be :100: sure

3 Likes

I believe the higher risk they are talking about is the risk that you may not do your part. Not a higher risk on the part of the buyer. You need to ship the baby to fulfill your end. Then the money will be released.

2 Likes

This is all so confusing. I have never had it happen either.
I have never had any claims against me.
On the paypal site it says the money is there and on hold, and it says payment received.

The buyer does has 23 positive ratings on ebay and none negative.

What I am worried about is what if she says she never received the doll, and then makes a claim that it never arrived, so she has my doll and i dont get the money?

Send it with tracking and signature requested and it shouldn’t be a problem.

4 Likes

That’s good to know. Thanks. That was never happend to me. I had one echeck transaction, but all others were in my PP immediately.

I assumed you were selling on Reborns.com. But if your selling on EBay, I agree with @specialmoments. The same thing happens when my husband sells on EBay. The funds are released when the buyer receives the item. I think it stopped doing that after his 8th or 9th sell.

2 Likes

Ebay rules changed. They don’t go through the PayPal for payouts anymore. I assumed also that you sold on Reborns, so I was thinking PayPal.

In this case the hold is to protect the buyer. Just ship with FULL insurance and signature confirmation and you will be fine. Typically the buyer wouldn’t know the funds are on hold on your end.

2 Likes

eBay has changed payment rules, and not for the better in my opinion. How do they prove the buyer “received” the item?? The USPS isn’t honoring signature confirmation consistently. What if a buyer is a scammer and receives the doll, ruins it or lies about the condition of it and files for money back that hasn’t even been paid yet to the seller? With scammers galore these days, how is reception of the item proved? How is the seller not once again given the shaft? It used to be bad enough when PayPal would side with scammer buyers and the seller would be ripped off. Now it looks like it’s even easier for a scammer to pull off their crimes. :rage:

Shipping with Priority, which comes with tracking, it should be obvious that the seller has shipped the item. If the seller has a good record of selling and being honest, this should prevent the funds from being locked up for so long.

I sold on ebay.
Did signature required and full insurance. I also took several safety pictures of how she looked as I was wrapping her up, boxing her, etc. Hope that helps.

3 Likes

Did you get the funds released? Is the buyer happy?

Funds came yesterday. Yes she was sooo happy with her baby.

7 Likes

Wonderful news and a happy ending all the way around! Congrats on a successful (stressful) sale…

4 Likes