Six KOTDs

I have a habit of checking the BB website every hour or so. Right now there are six KOTDs!! Emmy sleeping and awake, Felicity awake (sleeping is out of stock), Marnie, and Harlow.

Harlow’s new prototype picture is so much nicer than the last one

5 Likes

Keep in mind that they might be getting rid of that hard funky vinyl. But go for it if you paint hair, they are adorable.

2 Likes

I hope this is right! I’m sad they never addressed it. At one point I saw something on Emmys description that she was made with BBs special trademark recipe vinyl or something along those lines. I thought I screen shorted it cause it was funny that everyone had been complaining about her hard vinyl but I don’t see it in the description anymore

In vinyl parts

1 Like

WOW, that’s a really cute Harlow!

I painted Marnie, and the vinyl takes paint differently that I’m used to, but she’s very nice when finished.

5 Likes

Aw she’s so PRESH! I ordered a marnie :blush:
I guess I’ll be trying out the new vinyl for the first time! Good thing I do both rooting and painting…

1 Like

Oh good, I think you’ll like her :blush: All I do is paint hair, though, so I can’t say anything about rooting on that vinyl.

I really hope they are getting rid of all the kits with the hard vinyl. As cute as the kits are, the vinyl quality matters more to me at this point than the kit :persevere: .

2 Likes

The Harlow they have pictured I think is the one that the artist modified. If this is so then the picture should not be there. It would be a false representation.

1 Like

I hope this means kit production is starting to pick up. I miss the days when there would be something like 20 kits for sale at the same time:)

The Harlow prototype in the picture does not look modified to me. Can prototype artists even modify kits? That seems like it would be counter productive for kit sales.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. This Harlow looks different, doesn’t it?

I want to get both awake and asleep Emmy, but the body is out of stock! Is any other 1/4 limb bodies people recommend?

It looks to me like the vinyl itself has been modified on the Kit. Go look at the kit and see the ‘head’, it doesn’t look as ‘harsh’ as it did.

1 Like

That’s what I’m thinking. The prototype and the kit look the same. But I could have sworn her tongue used to be bigger. Am I wrong?

I don’t know about the tongue but I think this is a ‘new’ version. Yes the head and the prototype pic looks the same but I swear this “isn’t” what this kit used to look like. I wish we could find some of the older versions for comparison. Maybe it’s just me.

1 Like

Softer lips and less tongue maybe? :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I guess it pretty much looks the same but for some reason the darker skinned baby just looks different. Geez, I’m definitely not good at this stuff. It must just be the way they are painted.

1 Like

Well, we did recently see a Bountiful Baby Realborn prototype with added fangs. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

What i think is the way the lips and tongue are painted make him look different
Like when you accentuate the crease in the lip you got a weird look because they look huge that way !
I saw this on more painted Harlows also when you paint the tongue it can make it look different
The real harlow doesn’t have that huge lips

1 Like