Silicone to armature or not to armature

I have a silicone Felicity that’s complete but her shoulders look like big ole football guy- I did have a full arm armature in her but took it out because she lost that natural flexibility . But those shoulders are so strange - what do you ladies think about a C partial armature just in the shoulders to keep them from being so bruiser looking.i did attach a photo - I hope it uploaded

1 Like

Gorgeous painting (your photo uploaded). I don’t think it could hurt. I agree–she looks like a football player or even a bodybuilder posing for a photoshoot :joy:

I would love to see how she looks after.

I’m also wondering if the body style is impacting her shoulder appearance, though I don’t know what I would do to fix this.

1 Like

I think part of the problem is that the grooves in the limbs are too wide so the limbs don’t sit flush with the body.

2 Likes

Thank you so much That was my first silicone painted doll so that compliment means so much to me. :heart:! I would love to try to design my own body for this type of dog, but I’m not that experienced of a seamstress but maybe I will try doing the partial armature tonight and upload a picture,

1 Like

Some ladies here make doll bodies…maybe someone would be willing to make one that would fit her better

1 Like

Are all the bodies for the silicones like this? I’m wondering if there’s a modification that can be made to the bodies already in our stashes to fit the doll better.

I’m looking forward to seeing the photo! I added armature to a FBS that didn’t cure properly. She was extremely floppy and had no structure or poseability. She is much better now. I no longer feel like her limbs are going to fall off when I pick her up! :joy:

Well this body I bought from BB for just the standard 19” baby- I don’t know if there are specific “silicone bodies”. I did as the armature- just to the worst- you can see in photo. I think it will definitely help!- I didn’t zip tie them in yet but you can see she lays much more natural- no more bruiser baby :laughing:

2 Likes

I used the “rings” on the flanges before putting it together.

1 Like

What size rings? Did it help with the bruise look?

Not sure about the look, but it allows the limbs to turn more easily. Pretty sure I used the ring size that was recommended for the vinyl kit.

2 Likes

Then you for the info :blush: I think the armature helps a lot

2 Likes

The armature helps a lot!! Is it just a wire straight across? You did great.

2 Likes

I LOVE that!

1 Like

Thank you ladies so much- I just love this group!!

1 Like

I’m also curious how you did the armature. @MichellesReborns Good question!

I might need a tutorial. I’ve been eyeing little Mitchell for a bit and missed out on his sale price :tired_face:

I learned how to do it by watching a video on YouTube although this was like two years ago so I’ve no idea if it’s still exist, but basically you take this long needle tie it to a string put the hook around the armature and needle it through the arm I’ll try to show you. I just did a quick YouTube video so here’s the link. I don’t know if it will help.

2 Likes

I was lucky enough to get Mitchell at the sale price although I paid for him a couple days ago and his order is not fulfilled yet so I’m getting a little worried :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

I hope everything is alright!! I am excited to see your version of Mitchell. Do you have a facebook or Instagram page where you show your work?

Thank you for uploading that!

What sort of setup do you have inside the body? Thank you again for sharing and being willing to answer questions!

I missed out on him too. I put him in my cart in the afternoon and later I went to check out and the price had gone up