Should I try selling this baby as a girl?

Maybe try taking some new pictures with his hair brushed dry and wispy.

1 Like

I’ve done that too. I’ve relisted and rephotographed so many times and it hasn’t helped any.

Try reborns.com for 1 month and see what happens. I think you’re right about having to ship before PayPal will release the funds. I never touch them until I know the customer is happy.

I’ll consider it, it can’t hurt I guess. I highly doubt I’ll be painting any more bb sculpts no matter how much I like them, I lose way more money on them than any other baby.

2 Likes

Why is it that you lose money on BB kits?

When you add up the kit cost, shipping (30$) and then the customs fee (35-40$ CAD). That makes it about equal to an expensive kit except I can never seem to sell bb kits for as much as non-bb kits and I lose money. Darren is up for sale at 300$ CAD which is a little over 225 USD. So adding up kit cost,shipping,customs fee and layette brings me pretty darn close to that amount.

1 Like

You could do smaller layettes but it probably wouldn’t make that much difference and I forgot about customs fees. Do you buy from MacPherson’s? It seems like that would be cheaper for you even if the kits cost more.

The layettes I do are usually pretty small but it doesn’t change too much.
I do, I buy the majority of my kits there. I just had to have Darren because he was so sweet and I thought he might sell but I was wrong lol Plus Macphersons kits get to me way faster anyway.

1 Like

I am so sorry this little man is causing you so much stress, please don’t give up completely you are a great artist. Reborns has really increased my sales. But I joined for nov dec so I did hit the holiday rush. I also have a no sell baby, It is the only cuddle baby I have made but I cannot seem to find anyone who wants her. That is A lot of money for a kit buying from bb for you, yikes!

Thanks, I appreciate it. I’ll have to quit at least temporarily if I can’t sell any dolls, I don’t have another job (long story that I don’t want to get into) so all the money I make from a doll goes directly into the next one. I can’t afford to have a “stash” like everyone else does so it’s just sitting around waiting between each doll.

1 Like

I completely understand I would feel the same in your circumstances. I just know you really enjoy painting babies!

Is the grey outfit stained on the hat and front ?

My Darren hasn’t sold on reborns.com either… He just sits there. I get likes occasionally but no inquiries or questions.
If mine doesn’t sell I will take him to ROSE with me in July.

2 Likes

No, it isn’t, But it also doesn’t come with him so I’m not worried about it anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s so weird to me. I think Darren’s just precious.

2 Likes

Well the baby is lovely so it must just be the slow market for reborns. When people start getting tax refunds,things will hopefully pick up.

1 Like

I hope so! I feel kinda bad for him just sitting around not getting any attention. One of the other babies I sold recently has the same skin tone and hair color as my Darren does, so I know that isn’t the problem either. The other was a preemie blonde baby, so pretty different but she sold at Christmas time.

4 Likes

Your Darren is Adorable!

2 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: I’m feeling better today and will list him on reborns.com when I get home

2 Likes