Shirley Temple doll **Updated**

I love your choice!!! And your mom sounds awesome:-)

1 Like

I think your mom and my husband sound a lot alike!lol the coors lite thing! Lol

1 Like

What a sweet way to honor and love your mom. I can tell you really miss her. Sheā€™s smiling down on you and will be so proud of the results. It would be sweet if you could have an outfit made from the fabric of one of her dresses or blouses. Be sure to share finished pics. Hugs!!

3 Likes

I think it is a great choice tooā€¦Love the sculptā€¦Here is one that I found on the internetā€¦she does look like she would make a great Shirleyā€¦just needs dimplesā€¦

6 Likes

Oh hurray! Katie-Marie is my favorite kit. I have one I havenā€™t started yet. You are going to just love her! Are you going to root all those curls?

2 Likes

I think I will need to put dimples for sureā€¦Iā€™m not sure yet about rooting the curls but it looks better rooted more natural and Iā€™m super stubborn so maybe I will :wink: and yeah you guys my Mom was super funny and ornery and the more coors she drank the funnier she got! And quite the storytellerā€¦She told me a lot of stories about when she was little and how much Shirley Temple meant to her and her sisters :smiley:

2 Likes

Good idea about the outfit! I do have some clothing from herā€¦

3 Likes

I still have my mothers perfume. When Iā€™m missing her I sprinkle a small dab in the room she had when she lived with us so Iā€™m flooded with her presence. :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Aww thatā€™s sweet :relaxed: I feel so odd when I go in my Momā€™s old room. Like I shouldnā€™t be messing around in there. Itā€™s been three years. She has a special blanket me and the grandkids cuddle with when weā€™re missing her. Even though Iā€™ve had to wash it, it still slightly smells like her. My advice to anyone who still has their Mother is, hug and kiss her until you make her crazy while you still can. Buy her little gifts all the time. Call her often. Iā€™m so glad I hugged and kissed my Mom goodnight the night before she left me. She almost snuck away but I caught her and did. She was so vibrant and lively I swear it still seems like sheā€™s still alive just hiding somewhere!

4 Likes

You guys are making me cryā€¦so sweet how you love your Moms.

3 Likes