Shiny

Please help me I have shiny babies .I’ve tried everything. I bought a new oven, I’ve tried genesis

Matt varnish satin and thinning medium. I thought Varnish was supposed to take shine out. Does anyone else have the struggle I’m very discouraged

3 Likes

Here is some info for you! Welcome to the Forum. Beautiful babies by the way!

http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/want-to-try-americana-decor-soft-touch-varnish/57802

2 Likes

I don’t remember if there’s an actual ratio to go by, but many recommend adding a little cornstarch to your varnish. I tried it and really liked the results.

2 Likes

The recipe is on that post! @Matryoshka @shellymerkley

1 Like

thank you

thank you

thank you

I tried adding a teaspoon of diotamaceous earth and should have added probably half a tsp. Result was VERY matt.

1 Like

You do have beautiful babies. Welcome to the forum. There are lots of great folks here who are willing to help.

1 Like

thankyou, where do you get it

My neighbor had some so she gave me some. I think I read that amazon has it.

You might want to try it on something first. I just sold a baby I used it on and I have been worried that was too rough…but I really do t thi k it was. I have never gotten su h a matt result. :blush:

2 Likes

Are you maybe adding to much thinner compared to the amount of matte varnish?

I used all Matt Varnish on the bottom doll, And 50/50 ratio on the others

1 Like

I just used the formula and love it.

2 Likes

I don’t know how to help but I just wanted to say your babies are lovely and welcome. I am not new to the forum but very inexperienced as a reborn artist.

1 Like

thankyou so much for recipe

Yes! Do this! I had the same problem with genesis. There must be a bad batch of matte going around because it made my babies shine like the sun!

1 Like

I don’t use GHSP’s but I do use the recipe. Of course I have tweeked it to suit my needs. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like