Sell them, but don't keep them

Ok… Am I the only one who make the dolls and sell them, and in my ‘personal collection’ I have practically just dolls of other artists rather than mine??? LOL

6 Likes

I’m in the same boat except I have never sold as of yet. I’m working on, I think, my 12th or 13th doll and I’ve only kept maybe 3. The rest I gave away. But before we had a house fire I had 8 dolls. Mostly different artists. Now I have two dolls and they were painted by other people. I do plan on making some for myself (It’s easier and more fun lol) but I am also planning on ordering a few customs and purchasing finished dolls from others in the future. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

I only sell…I have zero dolls!!:joy:

2 Likes

I have both, but I love mine the best! :wink: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

When I started reborning, I sold my only reborn baby. Then I just reborned and sold them. One year later, I’m making my own reborn for my personal collection.

In the beginning I bought 2, then did a swap with somebody. Other than that I have been collecting keeper kits that I want to paint for myself. I haven’t crossed over to selling- I really should because I am going to run out of room eventually :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have never kept a baby. I enjoy painting them and sending them home. I have some very old, very small naked vintage dolls in a little basket in my studio and three little dolls from my childhood on my bookshelf. I don’t really collect babies. I don’t have room in my studio because I collect (hoard) art supplies.

3 Likes

I have three of my own in my collection but my favorites are by other artists. It’s like cooking, it’s always better when someone else cooks for you

4 Likes

That’s because you haven’t bought one of mine yet. :rofl::rofl::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I have never kept one. I just make and sell. However my mom collects dolls, so each year I make her one. I do collect doll kits since I started in 2005. I am out growing my studio, so I started putting kits in my guest bedroom/sewing room/granddaughter playroom closet.

1 Like

I sell them, I noticed I wasn’t keeping any of them because I needed the money :frowning: I started the reborning because I wanted a reborn doll and couldn’t afford it. (I’m an adult) I asked my mom (who was repainting Gene dolls) to make a reborn doll for me… she said why don’t you do it yourself :open_mouth: umm, ok… so that’s how I started my reborn journey in 2003. I was just thinking about it the other day… I started making reborns to have one… I love lifelike dolls, it was never my intention to not have one. so I’m going to try keeping some.

1 Like

I just sold one and I really don’t want to send her home. I’ve never really wanted to keep one I’ve made especially not as much as I want to keep this one. I got sort of sad as I wrapped her in her blanket.
@trilliants, I just read your comment. I guess I’m a kit collector too! I have them literally in five of the seven rooms of one house and about 100 more at my house.

1 Like

I dont have any keepers. I make them and sell. I do want to make one for myself to have in my Nursery, but havent decided yet on which kit.

1 Like

And because you are so very good at it!!! :wink:

1 Like

I do both, paint and collect. So much fun! :smile:

3 Likes