Securing a wig question

Hi! So, I was looking at 3 year old June and I love her! There is no way I’m gonna root her though. So if I paint her when she is available, is there a way to secure a wig so it doesn’t fall off super easy but not completely take out the option of removing it to get her rooted in the future? I read on here about maybe magnets but is there any other ideas? She would be in my personal collection.

1 Like

I only have experience with one wig on a doll. I thought it would have to be glued down, but it fits so snugly that it doesn’t even budge without any adhesive or pins. That might change as the elastic ages, but, so far so good. Getting the right size was crucial.

1 Like

Oh that’s good. Maybe that will happen with her too lol

Doll wigs are different than human wigs. My doll wig fit way better than any wig I’ve ever tried personally.

But I’ve also never started with a bald head and had one custom made, either.

I got lucky and was able to get the last of the size, color and style that I needed from Dolls by Sandie. They had some inventory from the Monique wigs company when they went out of business.

1 Like

The one I’m looking at is a cheap synthetic wig for human children. It’s got a lot of good reviews from reborn artists, some of who are from this forum lol. I hope it just fits right but I’m not gonna get my hopes up. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hmm. The doll one I got has elastic all around the edge and no adjustable parts. I’d have such a headache if I had a wig like this.
I’ve never seen one for children before in person.

1 Like

Morgan, I put a wig on my Easton sculpt (now Sylvia). I glued it on. After a while, the glue let loose and I had to glue it back on, but so far it has stayed. You just need to be careful to not get the rest of the wig in the hair. I think I pulled mine back and tied it someway, kind of like a ponytail so I could control that a little better. But, she has been fine. No way would I try to root a 3-year-old head! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s a tutorial for fitting and gluing wigs on dollsbysandie.com under wigs.

2 Likes

If the hair is long, putting it in a knee high stocking with an elastic at the bottom will help keep it from getting in the glue.

3 Likes