Secrist painted dolls

has anyone bought or know anything about the inner glow babies from secrist. just wondered how they do the painting. it sounds like they use dye on the inside. just curious to how they are done
marlene

According to the email they sent out, they are spray painted. We have discussed this on another forum and we feel its too much work neutralizing their extra pink cheeks than it would be just to fully reborn our own. That way, we can call it OUR work and not a factory job.

Personally, I’ll never use them or anything from Secrist.

— Begin quote from “rufflesandbows”

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Any particular reason? I like Bountiful Baby and now, Doll dreams, better… but I do have my eye on two kits from Secrist, Ming and Tika… but, if you know something… I’m still really new at this.

— End quote

When I 1st started about 2 yrs ago I started with the Secrist kits. 2 out of the 3 that I ordered from them had pin holes large enough that they showed when the doll was painted. It wouldn’t have been so bad if they were on top of the head, but the holes were on the nose & under the chin. Then I found BB & have never ordered from Secrist again. I have never had a quality problem with BB kits & I am not saying this just because this is the BB forum. I have ordered from other places like Doll Dreams also with no problems.

— Begin quote from ____

When I 1st started about 2 yrs ago I started with the Secrist kits. 2 out of the 3 that I ordered from them had pin holes large enough that they showed when the doll was painted. It wouldn’t have been so bad if they were on top of the head, but the holes were on the nose & under the chin. Then I found BB & have never ordered from Secrist again. I have never had a quality problem with BB kits & I am not saying this just because this is the BB forum. I have ordered from other places like Doll Dreams also with no problems.

— End quote

I feel the same way I have ordered from other place and BB is on top of the game!!! you can not get faster shipping!! and Great prices!!

— Begin quote from “rufflesandbows”

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Any particular reason? I like Bountiful Baby and now, Doll dreams, better… but I do have my eye on two kits from Secrist, Ming and Tika… but, if you know something… I’m still really new at this.

— End quote

A couple of reasons. The most discerning is the oily residue their kits weep after they are painted and all done. Yes, they will replace the kit but they can’t replace the artists work and time. Another reason is because I really think their artists make their babies look like special needs babies. It wouldn’t be bad if you wanted to do a special needs baby but most don’t want that look.

Granted, I’ve only ordered from BB and I’m pretty satisfied with their kits for the most part, but there are a couple of individual sculptors that I would love to have some of their kits, too.

Secrist kits IMO are lacking in detail and look more like dolls than babies. I also don’t like the smell of their vinyl.