Sealing bottle

I’m wanting to seal the nipples on some baby bottles so the liquid doesn’t come out. Would this stuff work? I’ve tried regular glue but it peels right off as soon as it’s dry.

2 Likes

Best of luck. I’ve never been successful with sealing nipples. The closest I’ve gotten is using silicone to form a plug in the end of the nipple. It eventually dislodged and leaked.

I have seen nipples made specifically with no holes in the past though.

1 Like

That one should work because it says it is water proof. I have used DAP and Loctite. The ones that say they can be used in an aquarium.

2 Likes

I bought no hole nipples on Etsy. eBay has them too. They’re different from the ones that say sealed.

2 Likes

With shipping and tax I’d pay about €30 for 10 of them. Seems a bit too expensive, unfortunately.
I’ve got two BB bottles with no holes. They’re nice, but I’d like to find a cheaper option.

I have used this once but now just use generic clear sealant silicone because it’s cheaper. But as long as you’re using a silicone nipple it works great. I’ve never had one leak from the nipple and I have a few from like 3 years ago and they are still completely sealed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The only thing that seals a silicone nipple is 100% silicone and according to the label that’s what you have so this should work. I have been very successful sealing nipples for a few years now. but only with 100% silicone

1 Like

Thanks ladies, I’ll give this one a go!

1 Like

Those are great for the regular bottle nipples. For Tommy Tippy and other similar wide mouth bottles I have to seal the nipples off.

I wish they made a no hole nipple or wide mouth bottles but there is so much variation. I was wondering if silicone caulk would work. It says 100% silicone but I haven’t tried it yet. Lol, too many other uses!

1 Like

That’s what I use now. Just the cheap 100% silicone bathroom type clear caulk.

3 Likes

I think this is what I’ve used before

1 Like