Sculpting attempt 2

Demolished first one and started again, getting better?

16 Likes

Yes! That’s great! The nose is spot on

1 Like

Looking good

1 Like

I really like this one, the only thing that’s maybe a little off for me is the eyes, but I’m not sure why? I’m no expert though, your looks much better than my attempts :heart:

1 Like

After looking at it some more, I was thinking maybe the eyes are too sunk in? Maybe?

1 Like

Thank you, I am working on the eyes now, struggling with getting them right but agree they are very flat and sunken and need some detail in them

1 Like

Very nice. Wish I could that.

1 Like

I think it is so awesome that you are sculpting. I have no experience with to give you any advice.

1 Like

It’s great fun but harder than people make it look lol

2 Likes

I think all of the features need to be closer to each other, and the eyes need to be farther down on the head.

You are definitely coming along, don’t give up you will continue to get better with every one you do. Baby features are usually ‘soft’ and harder to do than adult.

Camera angle wasn’t great but it’s eyes are half way down like it said in the tutorial, still working on the eyes, what do you mean features need to all be closer together?

2 Likes

Do you think the features need softening then?

Like less space between the mouth and the nose, and the same with the nose and the eyes.

1 Like

I think everything could do with a little ‘softening up’. Babies are hard to sculpt. I think the eyes are a bit large also. Jac, did anyone mention this little trick to you: As you’re working on your sculpt, turn it around and look at it in a mirror. It allows you to ‘see’ the differences in the two sides of the face. We are all either ‘right or left eye dominant’ and you don’t realize it until you see the ‘face’ in a mirror. Just stick a little hand mirror in from of you and turn that baby around once in a while. If you already knew this, I apologize for taking up your time. You are doing a really good job, keep it up and you will wind up eventually with a baby that you and everybody else Loves!!

3 Likes

I didn’t already know that about the mirror!! that’s a great trick and will try it thank you.
it’s really hard getting it symmetrical because the slightest touch moves the clay and then it all looks distorted :smirk:

Ok thank you, will work on that x

1 Like

I used to sculpt these crazy Character things? and I used to have to keep a bowl of cold water to dip my hands in to cool them off. All my energy used to go into my hands and they got really hot and would melt the clay really easy. Here’s a sample.IMG_1824 rather weird, right? hahaha

5 Likes

Amazing work, I love her!! I will try the cold water and see if that helps

If your hands get hot it will cool them down so your clay doesn’t melt so easily. BTW, thank you for the compliment. I don’t do this anymore, it was just one of my ‘phases’!! hahaha

2 Likes