Scammer list

Today “I have no plans of charging a transaction fee.”

6 months from now "You know what… the transaction fee really was a great idea. Thanks!
:rofl::rofl:
And you won’t know. You’ll sell a doll, see the fee and have to ask.

10 Likes

This nonsense is some of what is keeping me from even trying to sell. I don’t think it is such a great deal that he is offering anymore. It seems like a big headache. And I don’t want to deal with scammers. Maybe I will just keep gifting and making reborns for myself…

6 Likes

I am fully planning on building a site. That hasn’t changed.
I just have to pay off some debt from the move and then it begins. But building a site takes time. I will be sure to share when I do build it. I’m currently talking with a few web developers who are friends and are willing to help me do it right. To minimize bugs and issues for everyone. I don’t want to launch it prematurely and it ends up a buggy mess for sellers. If that makes sense?

6 Likes

Dave does read what is said on the bb forum and even shares with those who are being discussed here. I don’t know whether he has his own account here or just moles but fyi

1 Like

I think BB changed to only being seen if you are signed in… I might be wrong though… and last I looked at Dave’s profile it had been about a year since he logged on (again I could be wrong, I haven’t looked lately)

3 Likes

I might be wrong, this is all I found… but that doesnt say non members cant read it…

2 Likes

They can’t. I had logged out while I was on my break from reborning and when I decided to peek back in but couldn’t see much on the forum. I thought it had been closed down

2 Likes

BB should build us a site to sell on then no more.reborns dot com

5 Likes

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking: :zipper_mouth_face:

Pffft. I dont care if he can see what I write.

As a matter of fact. HEY DAVE! Remember. You are nothing without artists. Nothing. Without us you wither and fall into internet obscurity. Treat them right or it will come back and bite you. You are getting too big for your britches. You aren’t the only one who can build a website or do SEO.

and btw. The 80s want their tacky ugly website layout and colors back. Seriously.

Take that back to him for me. And if he sees this…I meant what I said.

8 Likes

I agree with you. If you see that a buyer has been flagged by sellers as well as the reason for the flagging- you can then make your own informed decision on whether you want to sell to that buyer.

Having to go into it blind when there are other artists who may have had bad experiences with a particular seller that they are willing to warn fellow artists about makes absolutely no sense.

6 Likes

Thanks. I am not able to see the forums there as I don’t have an active membership. You would think that an artist would know better than to try to haggle another artist or chargeback on a doll…

I think the 80’s wants it’s older brother the 70’s site design back…
That site is seriously ugly!

3 Likes

The sad part about that is no one will know they want to be a member if they can’t read it first. I definitely lurked so I could see what it was all about before I signed up. There is no way I would have signed up if I couldn’t see what I was signing up for. Sure glad I was already here before

5 Likes

I don’t think he’s ever been great at protecting sellers. I sold there for a few years, never had one complaint from a customer. He emailed me telling me I would be removed as a seller if I didn’t immediately refund a customer. I had never even heard of the customer he referred to, I had never painted the doll they were complaining about, they didn’t like the sculpt in person and wanted a refund. I told him he had the wrong seller, emailed him screenshots of all my listings and sales showing I had never sold the doll. The customer never contacted me either, she was only talking to Dave directly. I ended up telling him I would not send someone else’s customer $800 for a doll I had no knowledge of at all, so he suspended my account. I switched to Etsy, I seriously could not believe it. I was thinking obviously this is a mistake, but what if it hadn’t been? If I had sold 50 dolls on his site with 49 happy customers, a clear no return policy and one person hadn’t liked the sculpt in person he would have still closed my seller account? I stopped trying to get him to see his mistake and refused to support the site anymore.

12 Likes

:flushed: Wow! He definitely should not be getting involved in issues between buyers and sellers. I can’t believe he did that! Did he ever apologize for the mistake to you or anything?

5 Likes

No, not at all. I still don’t know why he thought it was me. He had told me the customer had messaged me multiple times and I hadn’t responded, I had no messages from the person. It was crazy, it still makes me mad when I think about it, even though I’m glad I switched to Etsy because I’ve done a lot better there. But it was just a crazy situation, he didn’t even acknowledge that he could be wrong.

5 Likes

Oh my goodness. I didn’t know he did stuff like that!
I’m not sure what went wrong in your case. He can see every single thing we do. He sure sees those watermarks. Why couldn’t he see that it wasn’t your doll?

5 Likes

And what if it was your doll? What if you had a no return policy? Not liking a sculpt is not exactly a good reason to send a doll back. They could have figured that out from pictures. Wouldn’t that be between you, the seller, and maybe PayPal if they were involved? What exactly does this have to do with him?

5 Likes

I know! I asked him multiple times when it was going on to please show me the order or something to show me why he thought it was me. But he didn’t respond at all, well he responded to my messages but completely ignored the content and would just reply with send them a refund today or else type messages. It was so confusing. That was well over a year ago now, but it was just so strange. And just like you said, even if it had been my doll him demanding I refund a customer would have been completely out of line. Thankfully nothing happened besides me leaving his site. They had no transactions with me so couldn’t submit a PayPal dispute against me or anything.

5 Likes