Scammer(I think?)

So there’s a lady on Fb in an Ashton Drake page I’m apart of and she also has her own page Erin’s Vintage and Modern dolls and I noticed she was selling a Miley by Cassie brace for a lot that looks a lot like the copycats from AliExpress, I asked about a COA, and the post disappeared for a little bit but then she comments back that no COA but the writing on the neck is proof, do the copycats have writing now or is this doll just really similar looking? I don’t like to start drama but she has others that are clearly copied and she’s selling them for a lot.

1 Like

I have opinions. Does she actually know the name of the sculptor? I notice she put C Brace which is how it’s printed on the neck of it. And i believe knock offs can have the name. If she’s known for it, I’d wager its a knock off. Why no COA? The Elijah looks weird to me but maybe it’s just how it’s painted? The mouth looks a bit weird.

1 Like

Also, the point to put authentic, makes me suspicious. Like trying to draw away from the fact it’s not? Idk.

I don’t know. It’s the exact same marking

The fake I have seen with marking where a bit different than the original.
She may have both, fake and legit kits.

1 Like

It may be authentic, I hope it is because she’s selling it for a lot of money, but the ones on AliExpress have the sam shading across the knuckles and creases and the hair is almost exactly the same, she also do at mention an artist , she mentions that she put it together by to have seen the pre panted kits on Ali

1 Like

All the ones posted with painted hair, come from AliExpress. Alot of them have the neck markings unfortunately. those are $25-$50 “painted” kits that people are putting together and selling for $200+ without saying they’re fakes. Mercari is full of em

2 Likes

And the Erin person who posted Miley, absolutely uses fakes. They’ve had one Mercari account removed for there selling fakes.

1 Like

Thank you! I don’t feel so crazy now, she has a good little group of followers and I usually stay out of stuff but I’d feel bad if someone paid that for a copy cat, especially if they are new to reborns ear don’t know any better

1 Like

I know some of her Mercari reviews (from newbies I’m assuming as once you rate on Mercari, no return or refund can be done) said they paid for a authentic hand painted reborn and were sent a cheap factory made fake. :person_facepalming: (ALOT of people are doing this unfortunately)
And the more kits they “paint” on AliExpress, the more it’ll happen :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
One good give away is the hair. They’re painted hair is ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL the same no matter the size of kit. they do have some that are bald, but on those if you watch the creases, it’ll be the same overly red compared to the “kit” :joy:

And the fact she’s ONLY taking PayPal friends and family. She KNOWS what she’s doing. NONE of the dolls I’ve ever seen her sell are authentic

2 Likes

Here’s just a SMALL example of the :wastebasket: from ali. These are all either advertising photos or review pics. They ALLLL look the same :face_vomiting: (but makes it easier to spot :person_shrugging:)

And there are MANY other kits, including BB and artist kits :sob:

2 Likes

That painted hair and lack of skin detailing… :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Sadly the skills have improved, they look way better than the first scam dolls. So people will be more inclined to buy them. If now they even have the exact same marking on the neck, and fake coa, it will Impossible to distinguish them just by pics.

5 Likes

Fork painted hair

5 Likes

My assumption is that she bought a pre-painted knock off and possibly added some paint to it, weighted and assembled it and put it up for sale. The way the nails are tipped and the hair is drawn looks like it was done from a factory. And some of the creasing looks airbrushed to me.

That Elijah’s arms look like Twin A’s also…

1 Like

it is hard to know as when they make the mold that would copy the writing from the neck unless it is filled in on the sculpt they are making the mold off

That’s the description I was looking for! LOL!! If it’s not fork-rooted, it’s fork-painted. :laughing:

2 Likes

This sounds like Chinese English to me. Many suspicious things about this “seller”. Did she really write this description…?

1 Like

This was a review photo in one of the listings. So I think the buyer wrote that? I’m not too sure. I’m not familiar with AliExpress as far as purchasing goes lol