Saskia by Bonnie Brown... WIP ....Eye info

I saw some talk about her eyes. I wanted to share that I had to use flat back glass eyes. These are an 18mm… I used a wedge piece and E6000. I could of used a 20mm as well, but no way was a 22 fitting in mine.

My eyeco favorite eyes fit (20mm) but they didn’t look as nice as these Lauscha eyes.

26 Likes

I love her. One of my favorite sculpts. You did a great job on her

1 Like

OK, she is gorgeous!

1 Like

I’m with them^^^
She is lovely!

2 Likes

There has been many discussions on eye size for this sculpt. I used 20 mm and they fit perfect. I had some 22 mm that fit but the pupils looked too large. Eyes need to be tried on to see which fit and look best. Glass eyes are handmade and no two sets are exactly alike in size and characteristics. I would suggest that you have several pairs available to try and see what looks best.

4 Likes

Wow, I just adore her! And such beautiful painting and hair! LOVE. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

She’s such a pretty little lady xx

1 Like

I love this one Misty…she is as cute as a button Just looking at her arm and hand too and love how realistic and translucent - uniquely baby they are in this photo…:kissing_heart:

1 Like

She is beautiful!!! Hmmm…I’ve got both 20 and 22mm flatbacks ordered…maybe I should have ordered
18mm too…just in case???

2 Likes

No. I think 20mm would fit perfect! My 18 were a tiny loose. I had to use a wedge piece behind them.
@cherielynn09

My 22 weren’t getting in there. None of the eyes I have in that size. I know glass eyes vary though… I can’t wait to see yours. Don’t you love this sculpt?

1 Like

Perfect advice Mary. That’s exactly what I have to do with every baby. Sometimes it’s 4/5 pair before finding a fitting match that suits the sculpt.

So sweet, she’s adorable

You did a perfect job on her. I love your Saskia. Where did you buy your Lauscha eyes?

Your Saskia is beautiful Misty! Did you paint that sweet blonde hair or is it rooted?

I did both! Here is a better picture with some daylight.

6 Likes

She’s adorable! And that hair is awesome. Blonde hair really suits her. I’m going to have to try some combo hair, I love the way it looks.
Bunny says “Hi” !

1 Like

Thank you! I thought she needed blonde too. She has tones similar to Bunny! :heart:

1 Like

Gorgeous baby…love everything about her…!!

You’ll love her @Sony72 Sonja ! She’s SO sweet!!

1 Like