Sandie kit

Anybody having any problems with paint sticking? I haven’t started mine yet, but it has some shiny areas on the vinyl that I’m concerned about.

Mine has very shiny palms and fingertips. The rest is OK. There was a little trouble with paint sticking, but not as bad as I thought it would be. I have no matte varnish to spare, so went on with it.

Luckily mine seems to be taking paint fine.

1 Like

I didn’t have any problems with the paint adhering, and I am starting to mete out my Genesis matte varnish. Typically I use a good sized gob thinned some with Gamsol and add my first first flesh color, paint it on and pounce. Now that is a luxury I have cut back on, but now, after I paint, I swipe some varnish on a sponge and pounce. I don’t use cosmetic sponges but larger pored sponges, like kids’ craft sponges. My favorite has been with me for years. Now it appears I have to buy a package of animal shapes to get the circular one I am truly after. argh

1 Like

Those are the sponges I use for varnish application too… I am good on my Matt supply, but about out of Satin…

1 Like

Pia, have you found sponges that aren’t geared towards pre-schoolers? Granted, when I say I have looked, it means I have checked Amazon. I don’t need a horsey shaped sponge, :grin:

I haven’t looked… I found a package of animal shaped ones at Goodwill several years ago and doubt if I will ever run out.

Found this sponge at Dollar Tree…(you will definitely need to do some trimming). I think the texture is the same. Also, sponge paint brushes are similar…

1 Like

I had to put the paint on thick to get it to stick and of course it didnt look right. I spent an hour last night stripping all of her.
I use air dry and i discovered i HATE the “baby skin” color. I am not even going to use it any more.

1 Like

Thank you, Pia! My small circular gray sponge has served me for years and I panic when I can’t find it. I will consider the sponge not used as part of my son’s inheritance. It will be included with all the crap my husband saves, “…Just in case. You never know”. :grin: