šŸµ ROSE International Doll Show Talk šŸŒ¹

Iā€™m already putting together a strategic plan for next year. Just wish my husband could come. He had fun last year.

2 Likes

It would be so nice if my hubs had more men to hang with. I think he had estrogen poisoning by the time we left, LOL.

5 Likes

Well, he certainly didnā€™t show any of it!! He was a doll for putting up with all of us!! What a great guy Helen, you are indeed a lucky lady!! Keeper written all over that one!!

3 Likes

Is this the place for all the Rose stories? I have some questions for the lucky ladies that attended :
Did anyone from the UK or Australia attend?
Was Melissa George or any of her babies thereā€“if so how did they look in person?
Any honorable mentions attend? Meaning top artists etc.
any great tips or advice from the classes-did anyone here attend any and if so did you enjoy them?
any new sculpts coming out --thought I read something about a new Realborn making a debut.
Guess thatā€™s it for now. I would appreciate any info and if itā€™s in the thread just ignore me! Iā€™ll get the hint. Havenā€™t had much dolly time recently.

1 Like

I know Australia & Ireland were represented.
Did not see MG.
There will likely be a post of all winners. LLE won Artist of the Year!
I will share tips later this weekend. Linda Hillā€™s class was amazing!
Lots of Realborns coming out, and LLE has a full body coming soon.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll try to give you a little update on what I know but trust me I donā€™t know names so iā€™m kind of useless. MG was not there. LLE and J Malloy (silicone babies) were there and their stuff was amazing to say the least. There were other Reborn painters there that were well know by some of the ladies but like I said, Iā€™m not good at remembering names. There were a lot of artists and vendors that apparently backed out because ā€œlifeā€ issues sometimes take over. I was disappointed that many of them werenā€™t able to come, but things happen and we have to deal with it the best we can. Jacky Kramer was there with her beautiful baby clothes (I got some of these) and I believe she taught a class. There was a couple from Australia who sold Diaper Covers that were so nice and I got a few of those too. Linda Hill was there selling and teaching a class. Irresistables was there selling and I got stuff from them too. Iā€™m sorry I canā€™t be more help but Old Age gets it in the way of the olā€™ memory sometimes. There was lots of very pretty babies and many people were buying reborns so I think everyone left that show with lots to love whether it was a baby or just lots of goodies. It was fun, maybe you can come next year!!

2 Likes

The ROSE Show was a total blast for me!!! Jacky did the advanced rooting class and everyone in there said it was amazing! Susan Brown did the fantasy class and my girls that took it had so much fun she is from Canada and she was such a fun person! Linda Hillā€™s outfits that she was selling were handmade. This is the first time I met her and she is such a great lady! Lauren Jamies that sculpted the fairies for the ROSE bud class came in and signed all of the fairies for the girls and took pictures with them she seemed like such a genuine person. Such wonderful ladies all around. There was so much happening!
We have already started working on things for next years ROSE show and I hope that everyone can come because it was such a great experience.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update! Sounds like everyone had a blast. When I first heard about the show I was seriously contemplating taking the Baby fx class that Debbie Henshaw was going to teach. Jill says lots of realborns coming out too. So, glad everyone had a great time and love seeing the pics and stories, Yes, maybe next yearā€¦

3 Likes

Yea! Let us know as soon as the dates are picked!

2 Likes

OMG

Did any of you who went ship stuff from there??? I just saw a post of the ROSE facebook page

(copied and pasted)

Help!!! Anybody else having trouble with the UPS shipments from show?!!! I was told by the guy at the show it would be $96 for up to 100 lbs. 70 something cents for each additional pound over 100
I shipped two boxes. Totaling 115 pounds.
UPS freight just called and said it was coming Monday, collect for $1025.00. I told them no way I could pay that and they said they would send it back to Davis conference center as the shipper!!!

I bought 4 kits while I was at the show and I decided to ship them home rather than take them in my suitcase for fear of getting them smashed!! I asked the man how much to ship this small box that would only fit about 3 of the kits and I would take the other in my carry on. Well this was from Utah to Southern California and he told me $96. I almost lost it!! I told him that was REDICULOUS!! Needless to say I put them in my carryon bag and had to pack one in my suitcase. I later talked to one of the girls running the show and she was pretty unhappy because UPS had a guy come over to the Conv. Center who was an International shipper and he had NO IDEA what he was doing with this little piddly stuff. I think a lot of people had planned to ship and couldnā€™t. Some lady had a full sized wicker bassinette with stand and all kinds of stuff and I was thinking-----Oh man, what is THAT going to cost?? Another lady was shipping these 4 Moses type baskets and I canā€™t imagine what that cost either. Man, I wonder whats going to happen if they just ship it back to the Davis Conv. Center-----itā€™s got nothing to do with those people. Are the ladies who bought this stuff just out their money for their purchases?? Maybe Bountiful Baby could ship it for them cheaper. That poor lady, can you imagine getting hit with a $1025 shipping cost?? I can imagine she is furious. Why didnā€™t they tell her that to start with??

3 Likes

Are they sure it isnā€™t a typo?? Maybe it was suppose to be $125.00 which would make more sense!! If she shipped 115 pounds at $96 per 100 lbs and she had 15 xtra pounds and 70 something per pound that would be about a hundred twenty five or so right?? She needs to check this out further before she has them send it back to a place that has NOTHING to do with what she bought!!! Quick, catch the UPS man!!!

2 Likes

Someone else said maybe it was a typo and it was $125 and she said no, no typo, it was a phone call.

Then I asked so like $900 extra because it was freight? But she hasnt repliedā€¦

I am trying to get a hold of UPS and we will help her get this worked out. She was quoted a lower rate when she talked to him.

3 Likes

Thanks, Ann!! Youā€™re the best! :heart:

2 Likes

Letha Mellman just posted this on facebook. She said to PM her if you want anything with your paypal

Here is what she wrote
ā€œGuess what! I found a way to keep R.O.S.E. going for just a little longer! There are a limited number of souvenirs left for purchase! For a total, just PM me what you would like, your paypal address and where you live so I can figure shipping for you! It is first come first serve. Rosalyn has just a couple left before the next shipment comes in! Happy Shopping!ā€

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13886315_10157141392310532_1420574363401301625_n.jpg?oh=04639f8b53484c77fc80156ee1d33541&oe=585D2637

3 Likes

Were there eyebrow workshops? Iā€™m thinking I NEED one! lol

Willow @WillowsWeeOnes painted some brows at Angelā€™s house. There was supposed to be a short workshop for brows on the show floor but I donā€™t know if it took place.

2 Likes

I think @lynn and I kinda stumbled upon Susan Brown (I think) talking and showing how she does browsā€¦ and she gave us a flyerā€¦ I have misplaced my paper thoughā€¦
@JillianJade was it a workshop sort of thing or just a discussion? I was to busy trying to snatch pictures with everyoneā€¦ lol

and I would have LOVED to watch @WillowsWeeOnes show us how to paint them!!! :heart:

3 Likes

Amy, Jenni and I got to see a little bit of the eyebrow painting workshop but we really got there too late and she was pretty much finishing up. Like Jenni said we did get a paper and I really havenā€™t had a chance to read it since I got home, I wish we would have seen the whole thing though, it looked quite interesting.

2 Likes