Rita Rich Arnold Silicones!

Is anyone familiar with Rita Rich Arnold? I’ve been eyeing up a couple of her silicones, but can’t seem to find much information on her, or any reviews really. :thinking: Does anyone own one of her babies? What are your thoughts? Thanks!

1 Like

Never heard of her
http://www.ritarich.com/

Yeah, me either. I did see her website but there’s not a whole lot of information there. I believe her sculpts are original. :thinking: I stumbled upon her work on eBay. For me, if I’m investing that kind of money I want to make sure it’s legit. Was just curious to if anyone else here owned one, and could tell me about the quality etc.

She is legit. Look at her dolls closely. See if that is what you are looking for.

1 Like

I did look at one of the dolls closely. I do not know how others look like but this one seems to me bit rough.

2 Likes

I think she might be a good place to start for a beginner on a limited budget. I have never seen her dolls in person. I have only looked at pictures on her web site and a few that owners have posted. Always get up close focused pictures so you know what you are getting. There are also good buys on the secondary market. Get into some of the silicone FB groups and also Doll-Fan has a good silicone for sale section. Just do your research.:wink:

Please don’t feel like you’re offending me! I’m just starting to venture into silicone. I’ve honestly never even seen one in person. So I’m ping ponging back and forth between buying a cheaper one to see if I even like it, and buying a higher end one. I honestly don’t even know where to start. What sculptor/artist do you suggest? :blush:

She comes to IDTS and has a table there where she sells. She is a super nice lady. They are sculpted and poured by herself. I did not get any pictures of her table this year but here is one of her husband at her table last year - 2016

3 Likes

Glad someone can confirm her for you, her holiday babies would be a good buy! I am tempted, lol!

1 Like

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

The one I looked at was $1800. If I wanted to spend so much I would ask if I can come personally. I would want to have a good look and feel of it.

1 Like

Perhaps buy one of her smaller, cheaper reborns first. Like the 11 inch ones.
Then if you like it, you can get a more expensive one.

2 Likes

I have had several Rita Rich Arnold babies, including 2 full body silicone babies. Her babies heads are sculpted by her, most of the hands and feet are life cast from her grandbabies. The soft body silicone babies I have had from her have been adorable, smooth silicone, good coloring, nice rooting, etc. The full body babies were a little rougher, the first one was a micro-preemie size, with a very visible “seam” in the middle of the torso where you could tell that she joined the top and bottom halves of the baby together. The bigger baby, Ava Noelle, was a great size and very easy to dress, but again, you could see where the pieces had been joined together. It appeared that each piece had been poured separately, and then all glued to the torso.She had rough areas at all of the seams, and the silicone itself was rather bumpy. None of the joined seams were visible when she had clothes on, but she was not baby that could be displayed in just a diaper. If you decide to purchase from her, just be aware of these imperfections in her babies so that you are not disappointed.

3 Likes

Thanks @beckieg I appreciate the feedback. I think I am going to order the small one and see how it goes. Thanks @SteffanyLeah for sharing!

1 Like

I appreciate the feedback as well! It was so nice to hear that someone else owned her work, and had met her in person. I ordered a small one to start with as well! :blush:

1 Like

Oh good! Mine is on layaway but I will try to remember to post when I get her. I don’t plan on it taking 12 months. @SteffanyLeah sending you a PM!

1 Like

@SteffanyLeah just paid off layaway! Will see how long it takes my micro preemie to get here. :smiley:

It should be here Tuesday!

1 Like

@SteffanyLeah I got the Micro Preemie from Arnold Babies as well as a Seedling Baby! Thank you everyone for all the info!

2 Likes

Congratulations, Mommy! :slight_smile:️ Are you enjoying her so far? I like the little seedling too! :heart_eyes:

Thanks for enabling me. I have stayed away from silicone due to upkeep but now I want one from her site…