Repair Job

Below is a picture of a repair head I had to redo for a customer. Her 5 year old granddaughter lost the baby and when it was found the head looked light this. I’m so happy to have this finished so I can move on to some money makers. Anyone else had to do repairs? Show us your pictures. PS sorry to say but I think a dog or mouse chewed on the lips. Yuck!!

12 Likes

Wow! How did you smooth out the lips?

1 Like

Dr Melanie to the rescue ! She looks amazing !

2 Likes

Definitely looks like a mouse chewed the lips and took a chunk right next to the lips! Great job fixing her, hair and paint! What did u use to fix her?

Amazing work Melanie…Is it the same head or did you have to do a new one???

2 Likes

Wow…!!..beautiful save…:slight_smile:

1 Like

All of y’all are so funny. I bought a new head. No way could I fix the mess done to the old one. I will admit my painting has significantly improved. Hated to have to reroot a new head. Maybe she’ll be more gentle with this one.

4 Likes

Notice the difference in color of hair? Believe it or not I used the same mohair. Luckily I had some left over from the original. Guess the dye came out.

2 Likes

LOL!! I thought you worked some Izzy magic on it! But, buying a new head is MUCH easier!

It reminds me of Alice’s @alicekay56 baby Jesus that had its nose eaten by a naughty dog.

2 Likes

I did notice the hair color difference but I thought it was a lighting “thing”. :laughing:

Me too, i thought maybe the hair was wet so it made it look darker lol

1 Like

Baby Jesus lolololololo​:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

Much better!! I’m sure she will be so happy!

1 Like

That looks fantastic Mel!!

1 Like

I seriously thought wow you’re great a repairing that vinyl lol and then read it’s a new head lol

2 Likes

Great Job! He is very handsome now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got a message from my buyer that the doll her 10 yr. old daughter loves met with an accident, and could I fix it as she takes it to the hospital with her when she goes for treatment. I was lucky to be able to match the arm, and now baby is whole again. LOL

5 Likes

Wow, Diane! Love how you added those fingers! Just kidding!!! I’m on to you and Melanie now. :wink:

2 Likes

@AmyR777 I meant that I was lucky to find the spare part to make a new arm. LOL What do you expect before having your morning coffee. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

LOL!!! I’m drinking it now. :coffee:

1 Like