Red ghsp

I’m having a problem with my pyrrole red 2. I’ve just stripped three kits and probably two more because I thin it way way down with an obscene amount of thinner and it is still not a good thing ( I’m feeling really bad about what I said about tomato baby now, forgive me?)

No matter what I do or how fast or carful I am something ends up streaked or blotched and then I mess up the rest of the part by trying to blend and pounce it out.

I’m looking for suggestions to alternative reds.

I LOVE how my yellow ochre works, covers and applies. Maybe it’s because the py red is a regular straight xooor and not a mixed color?

Who’s the parole red produced by? I find that there is a difference in the behavior of my paint where they came from Bountiful Baby or McPherson’s

Do you have genesis red? You can use that straight or put a little dab of blue in it just to take the brightness out. I use that more than pyrrole.

BOUNTIFUL baby

No, I was wondering if I should invest in a different red. The py red looked nice and deep so I thought it would work better I was curious about the red set BB has but I don’t want to spend $17 for three reds unless they are going to work for me.

1 Like

My caboodle is full of colors- I need to relabel with more accurate abbreviations

1 Like

I also have the dark red and don’t use it much. I mainly use the genesis, it’s a staple for me.

1 Like

I have a load of colours too. My very most used are genesis red, yellow, ultramarine blue, ethnic brow and black.

1 Like

My RED is Genesis red. I use it quite a bit. I mix ultramarine blue into all kinds of things. I love my mint, pyrolle red 08, and ochre!

2 Likes

I haven’t had that problem with P.red 02 :face_with_monocle: I do feel like it is kind of bright. I use Q.crimson 02 a LOT. I have the one from Mac’s and I use it straight from the pot with tons of pouncing to spread it out.

2 Likes

Same here. I love my pyrolle red 02. It goes on so smooth for me and I use it straight out of the pot even sometimes.

1 Like

I prefer Pyroll Red #2 vs just Red, but I never use it as it is, only in mixes.

1 Like

It seems like. In matter how much thinner I add it’s still full strength

Hmmm I’m going to stick something in it and stir it up and use it very sparingly

What do you mix it with?

1 Like

I made Blood Red (P.Red #2 + Aq. Blue + Burnt Umber)

1 Like

I think I need burnt umber and raw sienna to add to my paint collection

1 Like