Reborns going to visit a nursing home

Yesterday I took two of my babies to visit my mom at the nursing home. It was a very fun outting. The babies were enjoyed by the staff and the residents. My mom has dementia and lives at this home so I will be taking babies back for many visits. The smiles on the faces as everyone discussed how lifelike they are made my day. I just wanted to share.

11 Likes

I’m sure the residents enjoyed that. I worked in a nursing home for years, peoples eyes would light up when someone brought a baby in! They alwaays seem to remember raising their babies, even if they no longer recognize the adult children as family. That would be a good thing to contnue.

4 Likes

I took a baby Sunday to an assisted living facility. The lady I was taking care of is 109. She loved him. 2 ladies asked about the baby yesterday

6 Likes

You guys are awesome. 109 Wow, I hope she has many more birthdays!

5 Likes

She’ll be 110 in June.

6 Likes

That is amazing! Bet she can tell some interesting stories.

4 Likes

I doneted one before Christmas .later in January I got a call and one off the lady’s told me somebody noticed how everyone enjoys going to see the baby so they brought in a mini crib . The baby’s​ crib is in a common area next to the dining room .
I promised myself I would donate one baby each Christmas to a nursing home . I had Ember this time as a boy and it was just the perfect size .

4 Likes

That is great! I took what I consider a boo boo baby to a lady at a nursing home yesterday. All the ladies went crazy over her. She woke up looked at her baby I told her I was giving her the baby and she went to kissing her. It. Was so cute.

6 Likes