Reborns dot com washing out photos?

Has anyone else noticed your photos loading up washed out in color on the reborns website. Here is an example. I took better photos of Sawyer today. This is how he looks on my phone and on FB. and below that is how he looks on reborns

2 Likes

Mine always look washed out and lower quality on reborns. I thought I remembered Dave saying a while back that they are processed with a lower quality when uploading for loading speed.

1 Like

well that is just great…grr Especially when I struggle with photography as it is.

2 Likes

this might be enough to make me look into that other site.

1 Like

Angie, I haven’t looked at my computer, but I made a collage to compare sites and I agree

Oh Dave is replying that my images are out of focus and I need to take better ones. Geez, that is not the deal. He did admit they load lower quality though.

I think the quality has gotten worse this year, I know nothing about how this happens, is it because of all the changes he has made? Is it a way for him to save money. It seems to me the photos were better when it was $19.99 a month. I am going to have to stop this hobby which I enjoy very much My dolls get shown such a small amount of time, my prices are low and when spending the extra money to show more often, it seems to me they are still shown very little. I just can’t spend $40-$50 a month with no sales. I know my painting is not on par with many, but I don’t think I should continue to just give them away. My Reborns.com is Penelopes reborn dolls. Very sad situation.

2 Likes

I agree my photos look really bad on that site and I can’t believe he raised the prices by an additional ten dollars- 30$ a month to maybe sell a doll here and there— is there any alternatives?

Not really. It is still cheaper than anything like ebay or etsy. (plus wayyyyy less fakes)

He doesnt take a fee for sales just the monthly membership.

2 Likes

He emailed me that he is going to try playing about with another algorithm.

2 Likes

This man needs to buy a better monitor if those look similar to him

1 Like

He keeps saying that my photos are low quality and grainy. Well, they are taken with a Samsung S23 Ultra cell phone. I am not a professional, but they do not look grainy to me. He wanted me to email a couple of them to him to try on the new algorithm he is testing and he still contends that my photos are grainy and implies that is part of the issue. Well when emailed photos get compressed too and do not necessarily come across best quality. All I know is that they look fine on my camera and on FB but look washed out on his site On neither site do they look grainy or out of focus to me. I told him he needs to take his own photos to try the new algorithm so he can see for himself.

3 Likes

I just looked again tonight, I think everyone’s photos look horrible, they appear worse than earlier today maybe he is working on something. Personally I think Dave should give everyone free days if the photos stay like they are tonight. I hope someone reads this and takes a look on Reborns.com. I know Dave is a hard worker and most folks really appreciated his work, but I have thought for several years that he is in over his head, very stubborn and doesn’t want to ask for some professional help.

Angie I agree with you, in my opinion he has a habit of blaming the person asking the questions, he’s done this with me and because I feel “unlearned”
In what I might be asking, I back down. In my real life, I no longer back down when I am trying to understand something, but when I don’t know a better question to clarify, there’s not much I can do. Also doing the conversation by text can be an issue for me.

2 Likes

But. Even if they are grainy (which they don’t seem to me), they’re still washed out. It could be a single color and still be washed out. He’s bringing up an entirely different issue.

1 Like

I totally agree. When he started out by saying the sleeve looked blurry I was scratching my head trying to figure out what he is seeing? Now he says the images are grainy. Maybe if you blow them way up yes. But I am talking about regular viewing on the page. I give up, he is going to do whatever but if this keeps up it does affect the sales of the babies on there if no one can see the true details. I am noticing a lot of other images looking washed out too as if their babies have no color. It can’t all be all of our photography is that bad.

1 Like