Reborns.com and partial payments

Question everyone,
Can you do a partial payment on reborns.com or do they have to pay full price through paypal?

2 Likes

When payments have came up in conversation with a buyer, I change my listing to reserved. It stays that way until the last payment clears. I make sure they understand that I will NOT send until full paid for.
I then invoice them through paypal. Once they pay the deposit or first payment we agreed on I switch the listing to reserved. Then I invoice them every 2 weeks or month depending on what the arrangement was until paid off.

Each time I have done this the customer has paid on time and even emailed me when able to pay it off early and I sent an invoice right then, etc.

7 Likes

Okie dokie, so do I need to write that on the paypal or the reborns.com statement?

2 Likes

I don’t have automatic payments set up on reborns. They message me. Then I send them an invoice. If we agree to a layaway, I set the invoice up to accept partial payments. That way, they can pay whenever without having to ask for a new invoice. Plus, it’s easy to keep up with since it’s all the same invoice. I make it clear that I will send the doll once final payment is received.

2 Likes

I have one that is on layaway, my Liam. I put her as adopted and there has been no problems but I think you are right and next time Ill put them on reserved until paid off.

2 Likes

I dont have it wrote anywhere…
When they “ask a question” on reborns.com is when I reply about payments if that is what they have asked about.
Then in the invoice I send from paypal I write it in the description and what the full amount owed is, amount and date the next payment is due.

2 Likes