Reborn Roleplay: Am I the only one?

Hey there! So, I wanted to know if I’m one of few that roleplay with their reborn(s). I haven’t got the courage to take her out by myself, so I typically roleplay at home. Do any of you do the same?

2 Likes

I don’t role-play but you aren’t the only one. On occasion I do watch role-play videos on YouTube. I am the dress them and display reborn type. I’d love to have the courage to take a doll out but 90% of my babies are Alternatives. Though this is the perfect time of year to take one of them out, lol!

3 Likes

I do not role play but I take babies out all the time as a form of advertising my art.I do find myself carrying them and acting as though I am holding a real baby.

3 Likes

I don’t roleplay nor do I take my dolls out in public. I’m weird enough without people pointing it out!! hahaha

6 Likes

There’s people out there that do roleplay, but the majority on this forum don’t.
There’s plenty of videos on YouTube about it.

Nope. I have keepers, but I don t pretend they are real.

2 Likes

I could never do that and never took them out. I do like to dress them and strategically place them in a fewspots that I know will freakout a few unsuspecting people.

3 Likes

I collect and display only, but there definitely are a lot of people that do roleplay. I take mine out on a semi regular basis as a form of advertisement. One of them created an uproar in physical therapy (huge, open room, lots of people). They all got cards.

One word of caution if you do take your baby out: treat him like a real baby. I almost got the police called on me for tossing a baby into the front seat of my truck. :rofl:

4 Likes

On occasion I will take one of my babies out in a stroller. I don’t usually feed them or sing them songs like some people do but I like to dress them in different clothes. It’s some sort of therapy for me. I don’t worry about people who think this is weird. Besides, no one can distinguish them from real baby so I’m usually pretty confident. But if I decide to tell someone what I make, it’s a great advertisement for me and people really get in to it. If role playing is something you want to do, go ahead and do it!

1 Like

No I do not, I create them and I have some keepers that I display.

1 Like

I only create them, I haven’t collected any either…but that being said, I derive an immense amount of joy and personal fulfillment with each and every baby I create. When I get to finally hold them all put together, change their clothes, do their photo shoot I will be honest I talk to them and treat them quite real. I was never able to have babies of my own, so I absolutely can see how these babies can be a great source of comfort for individuals. For me personally, at times, maybe while I am carrying one around on my shoulder, they feel snuggled in like a real baby it cause a lonely sadness, so for me personally I wouldn’t be able to role play …

5 Likes

I have never role played - I do have one toddler and one newborn that I dress and display.

When traveling with my sister on vacation I would take one of my Himstedt babies I
was doing this for over10 years,before it became popular. Not reborns but the size of 6 to nine months babies I don’t anymore, take my babies on vacation because I would bring them change of clothing and worry about them being left in the hotel.
I change my reborns (4)boys once a week,hold one while reading or watching TV. I don’t pretend to feed them.I do make stainless jewelry and Gem stones beads from pendants to pacifer holders, bracelets.This week they are their Halloween costume. Now until Christmas they will be dress in Christmas colors with matching pacifers,except for my Tibby toddler no pacifer.Love holding and looking at my reborn baby boys holding their teddy bears.I do talk to them,but as yet,they don’t answer back😉

I sometimes hold my keepers for comfort, change their clothes, and fix their hair, but I don’t pretend they are alive. I can absentmindedly slip into humming to them or rocking/patting/bouncing. I do have a habit of kissing them when they are first put together as I am delighted with how cute they are. I also enjoy showing them off in public.

2 Likes

I don’t role-play or collect, if I did I would become an over night doll hoarder. I have watched a lot of role play video’s on You Tube and there are Role Play communities you may be able to access through those channels. I know there are reborn meet ups that a lot of people enjoy.

I think it is cool that you feel comfortable and open about it. Just because you “grow up” doesn’t mean you should stop playing, ever. It is so good for your mind and your soul. I think if more people continued to play, explore, learn, use their imaginations this would be a much happier world.

1 Like

I have a few reborns from swaps and friends but I don’t do any role playing. I’ve taken one of my reborns to work, to the dentist, and once to the bank on request and it’s fun to see people’s reactions but mostly I just make them and sell them and send them on their way.

I’ve donated several to nursing homes and it’s wonderful to see them held and rocked as if they’re real.

4 Likes

I am an artist only. My mom collects, however when I am done with one and I show my hubby I automatically rock them. He laughs at me since I don’t even realize I am doing it. I only took one out in public and that was to take pictures. It was Angelica by Reva and I had a little girl’s father ask if my daughter wanted to play with his. We happen to be at a park for a photo shoot. Needless to say I have never taken one out again. I will tell a cashier if I am checking out and they ask who I am buying clothes for.

1 Like

I don’t collect, I just paint them. I have several kits that will be keepers, in the future. I don’t role play, will just display them as artwork in a cradle for interests’ sake. That’s what I do with the childhood doll I’ve had since I was two.

1 Like

I am still looking or trying to paint that one Cuddle Baby that will bring me comfort when I am feeling down in the dumps. I know that baby is going to come at the right time.

2 Likes

I change my babies outfits from time to time and hold them a bit. I would probably “play” with them more if my family wasn’t so creeped out and judgemental about it. I’m not brave enough to take one out in public, although I may in the future as a form of advertisement.

2 Likes