Reborn Photography Tutorial?

@MilosMeadows That is not the one I have but I think it is good to start with when you are on a budget. I was wondering what the difference in the black/silver vs white was for. So now I know, for different situations. I have no earthly idea what those situations would be though, lol! I haven’t opened my boxes all the way as I am going to set up in the garage. Do you leave yours up all the time or do you take them out when you want to use them?

@AnnieSokay
So from what I’ve gathered, I would look it up to get an actual answer lol I’m certainly no professional. The silver reflects light, and the white sorta filters it, and diffuses it. I can take a picture of the difference in the way they’re set up in a few minutes.

edited to add that I leave mine up :slight_smile: But I only use 1 light out of the 3 I have

1 Like

@AnnieSokay The two need to be set up differently, and I took this quick cell phone pic to show the difference. I use them both pretty equally, just depending on the situation

2 Likes

OK, thanks, my Husband keeps telling me to put them up. I don’t know why I don’t even know how to use my camera. lol He took Photography classes when he was younger. I want and need to learn how to do my picture taking myself. I will look it up!

1 Like

What kind of camera? Maybe I can help. Pm me :slight_smile:

1 Like

this is a great idea!

1 Like

Thanks! I hope it helps at least someone lol I see so many posts like “my photos suck” etc. and I’m like, but they don’t have to! But I simply don’t have the time to pm everyone to help them out,so something a bit more general is probably more helpful for everyone

3 Likes

Is there a time frame you hope ti will be launched/finished? I’m so excited to see the tips you have for us, especially since you have experience with real newborns. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have no idea lol I’m gonna try to get it out quickly though :slight_smile:

But don’t rush! Make it super awesome.

Haha I’ll try! I need to get someone to help me out though, or I need a tripod lol Either way it’s happening soon

I think that would be really nice. Is an umbrella/light box really that helpful? I had considered getting one but was not sure if it was going to do much good even though I’ve heard they are useful. I would really like to figure out a good indoor camera…I just want to be able to take good photos of my collection :smiley: my phone doesn’t cut it.

I would say yes :slight_smile: Unless you have a lot of nice natural light coming in, then it would be better if you had one. Can you show me one of your pics, it might help to determine whether or not you personally should have one :blush:

@MilosMeadows

Sure thing!

2 Likes

Not bad :slight_smile: I would recommend 1 umbrella, if you wanted to. :slight_smile:

1 Like

definitely! i have a professional photog daughter but can I get pictures from her!??
HAH! :smile: i can use help!

1 Like

So a little update, I’ve made a little decision that because I don’t have an assistant or anyone to help me film my own little video tutorials, I’m going to link to all the resources and stuff that I personally use, and I’m going to have some fun and easy to understand graphics to make things a bit easier :slight_smile: I still have more stuff to figure out but thought I’d share what I have so far. How do you ladies think I should put it all together? That I still have to figure out.

On a little blog would be great as individual posts. Then you could tag, label, search :heart_eyes: Wordpress?

1 Like

I could do that but it seems like a lot of work lol Right now I’m working on it as a little slideshow just to organize myself lol

1 Like

Whoops I got excited haha. There’s a great website called instructables that’s good for lessons too. And a lot less involved

1 Like