REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

Here’s another one for your list. :roll_eyes:

It’s almost like this one is a direct jab at you.
“Jennifer look! We know you’re keeping tabs on us. Here’s one just for you.”

9 Likes

LOL
What the heck?
I just got done saying the names are getting dumber and dumber… this tops it!

5 Likes

They seem to have a lot of fun…

12-16-19 added jenniferlook (and redid my whole list so it would fit again… took out the duplicate FB pages of wonderchicyou)

3 Likes

That’s one creepy name…

2 Likes

It’s very creepy. It’s like they are watching Jenni. :flushed:

1 Like

It seems to be a clothing “store”, a lot of them are.

1 Like

Even the clothing they pretend to sell at these sites is cheap and counterfeit. Many customers who buy it do not receive anything.

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2015/11/96886/shopping-asian-e-commerce-style-websites

3 Likes

https://www.scam-detector.com/article/list-of-scamming-websites

4 Likes

I just had a local lady contact me yesterday about a doll for her daughter. She was asking me questions which led me to ask how much research she had done into reborns. She told me “I have done tons of research”. She then proceeded to tell me she ordered a silicone from walmart and is so upset that it doesn’t look the same as the ones her daughter is seeing on YouTube. I tried to educate her and gave her Jennis list but I dont know how much it will help. Apparently my prices are too high for her daughter not to be able to take a bath with her doll. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Oh jeez.
They say they are silicone you can bathe with and send hollow hard vinyl with torso… :confused:

1 Like

Just added getmeyes and chicoloft

1 Like

Ugh. This is so ridiculous! Pretty soon you’ll need 2 pages! I bet they all or most are ran the same company.

I am thinking of offering a discount on any custom (or ready to ship doll) for anyone who ordered from the scam site and couldn’t get a refund…as long as they either send the fake to me to be destroyed or send a legit video of them destroying the doll.
Idk how well it would work, but ugh brainstorming ideas

3 Likes

That’s what I am afraid ok as well. Still just a thinking idea lol

1 Like

I’m new to the site and fear I have been scammed. I’m sorry to say I had no idea about the reborn market. My 8 year-old daughter absolutely loves baby dolls. I splurged and ordered TWO Hailey dolls so she could have twins and one Alinda. Two dolls supposedly shipped 2 weeks ago and one last week. I now have Fed Ex tracking numbers but only one has tracking information and I just noticed the size of the package is listed as 6” x 4” x 2”.

I found your site and have learned so much we are now looking for either 2 regular baby dolls to be here by Christmas or to find a reborn baby and wait for her to arrive. I had no idea… thank you for posting about the scams…at least now I can try to fix this.

Here is the site I used…clearly a scam site, right?

• List item
3 Likes

That’s definitely one of the scam websites. You should try getting your money back.

If you want another doll, you can try reborns.com to get an actual reborn. Or if they’re too expensive, try Ashton Drake dolls. They’re mass produced and not as realistic as reborns, but they do make some cute dolls.

3 Likes

Thank you. We’ve bought dolls from AD and Paradise in the past. But my daughter is 8 and I wanted something more special. I showed her all the AD and Paradise dolls this morning but they don’t compare.
I’m just now looking at the Reborns site.

Question: if the doll photos I shared in my post are stollen from the actual artists, is there a way I can find these specific dolls or their artists? I understand they would cost far more but I may be able to spend the money. I’m just not sure these dolls exist for sale somewhere today…or were they one-of-kind dolls that are no longer abailable. Thanks in advance. I’m a little confused.

1 Like

Most of the stolen photos are of dolls that sold for about $1000 each. That’s why they are so beautifully done.

3 Likes

The dolls pictured on the scam sites have been sold. Most likely.

Not sure I would recommend a reborn for an 8 year old. They arent safety tested and I don’t know how well paint and hair hold up to play.

I personally don’t sell to anyone intending to give the doll to anyone under the age of 13. But that’s just me.

They aren’t toys.

1 Like

Thank you for the info. I wasn’t sure but couldn’t find those dolls or anything like them on any legitimate sites.

1 Like