Reborn Community

I don’t have TV either.

We use to have cable with a million channels, a giant TV in the middle of the living room like an alter to everything I dislike (against my wishes). The mister would come home, teenagers plugged in and he would say “That is crap TV, you look like boneless chickens, I am going to cancel cable!”

After the third time, I cancelled it.

He came home and said, “what happened to the cable?” I said, “I cancelled it per your proclamation, now the boneless chickens are in their room watching You Tube”

He secretly turned the cable back on (but only in his room!) so he could watch sports.

Sheeesh.

I don’t miss it even a little.

I have Hulu and Netflix if there is something I want to binge while I work. I like not having to endure commercials and I love not having that TV on all day.

When my big kids were little I got my way and we didn’t even own a TV but we got a little gateway TV-VCR one day and it was all over…

2 Likes

I don’t have TV either! People always give me weird looks when I say that but really, I’d rather watch shows I like on Netflix than whatever terrible programs they’re showing on TV. I found I actually started to watch things I was interested in, instead of just turning the TV on as background noise.

1 Like

My family is very close to just relying on streaming services! Our tv is so old and grainy, we never use it anyway. We can’t decide on just one streaming provider to use though… we need Netflix for The Crown and Stranger Things etc., but we need Hulu for Futurama and Bob’s Burgers etc., and we need HBO for John Oliver, etc… so it’s just as expensive as cable! Lol.

Edit: I forgot Amazon Prime Video! I think I watch too many shows…

3 Likes

I love how many different kinds of people we have here! I agree with @hellbunny33 - takes so many people to make the world go round.

I’m Jewish (not sure how many other Jews are on here… haven’t seen us mentioned yet!) and haven’t been to ROSE so far. I’m also mixed-race and liberal. Sometimes it can feel hard to fit in since I know a lot of reborners are much older and more Christian/conservative than I am… I grew up in a big city college town, so it’s culture-shock sometimes! But I love every single person on this forum!

6 Likes

Christians can be any age. Many children and ages up have chosen Jesus as their Savior. He’s for everyone and anyone. My niece was saved at 6. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s never too late, until it’s too late. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t mean to imply that they’re Christian because they’re older! Sorry if that was offensive in any way.

1 Like

Not offended in any way at all honey. :hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

lol We love Andy and Barnie :rofl:

1 Like

I am genetically Jewish if that helps…I am “older” (53) but have a six year old so I my mind and body are all mixed up about how I am suppose to behave. I grew up in a big city myself and I have one or two conservative ideas but I am way too liberal for a mixed dinner party.

I find if I stay away from politics here I get along with most everyone. I love learning about how other people live in other parts of this country, I love it that the faithful are sure and comforted by that, it’s beautiful. I especially love how creative and intelligent some of the women are here, no college, far away from everything, but they are brilliant.

I especially love how respectful everyone is regarding struggle. So many here have so much less or have troubles that they power through. It’s inspiring.

At the end of the day we are all connected in some awesome way, what are the odds we all find each other here?

ooooh…sounds like this could be an excellent sci-fi novel in the making. We all think we are here accidentally because of dolls but really we are a secret society of women that all have some kind of collective super power and we are going to save the planet…(sorry that is how my mind works to m any comic books as a kid).

Ok I may need to open a window, this E-6000 is making me silly.

Back to work.

9 Likes