Reborn article

Google just recommended this article on reborn dolls in my news feed, thought it was interesting, plus has pics of reborns website at the top :grin:

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing- its a nice feature. An article that isn’t sensationalism or clickbait type of poking fun/extremism. I think it was informative and positive about the art & collecting/hobby.

Pixie mommy’s channel recently had a video about why people enjoy reborns (whether you like her content or not, she does have a large number of people who view her channel-) and i thought she did well too

2 Likes

$20,000!!! Has anyone really sold a Reborn for $20k :rofl:

2 Likes

Ikr? All I could figure they were talking about was a really rare silicone :rofl:

1 Like

Prototype silicon, like LouLou maybe?

While the whole article has positive vibe, some places where funny to me, like cost inflated by baby sent or laundry detergent - those are the cheapest additions that you can imaging and I avoid those at any cost. And not all reborns are rooted with human hair. I don’t remember already what else, but at least it provided some education to the readers who never heard of reborns :wink:

5 Likes

Yes, I believe it was an overall positive article, just not exactly well informed on the details :grin:

2 Likes

My friends who know I make reborns would think I’m rich with this article :rofl::rofl:, but other then that it was ok :wink:

3 Likes

It was a Romie Strydom doll that sold on ebay for 22,600usd

5 Likes

Oh wow

Was that one silicone? The only vinyls I can think of that topped $10,000 were those by Tinkerbell Nursery way back when I started in 2010. @kareninflorida Do you remember?

1 Like

I think there was a silicone reborn that sold on Ebay for $22,000 several years ago. Artist Selena Saxton, or Romie Strydom maybe.

UPDATE:

Google shows this from 2010

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, that first month she sold her silicones on eBay, she brought in $110,000.:moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag: Of course, my husband was telling me to get the clay out.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

:joy: I’d even try clay for that! :joy:

2 Likes