Reasonable Reborns!

Okay so after debating whether or not to make the baby for a friends child knowing it wouldn’t be taken care of this is what I am thinking…
I am going to offer to my friends with children a diffetent type of reborn than my normal. I will use the least expensive kits, paint them with less layers taking less time and effort and weighting them lighter using poly pellets instead of the glass beads. This way I can charge less and maybe feel better about it.
This is my first attempt at my reasonable reborn. What do yall think about this idea?

21 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of people do something similar for kids, so I think it’s great! That’s what I’ve done each time I’ve donated a doll for kids

3 Likes

Do you think $150 is a fair price?

1 Like

I think that’s awesome! Your reasonable reborn doesn’t look like less effort- so whatever you are doing, keep it up :slight_smile: I could see them being very popular.

4 Likes

I think you may want to go a little higher. 175-200 is still a great deal, and you need to make sure to pay YOU, not just for your time, but for your talent :slight_smile: If they are for only friends, I would consider the 150 a very good discount- for very good friends.

4 Likes

See I was thinking $200-$250 for my regular reborns was maybe asking to much. I just struggle with knowing how to price them.

1 Like

I sold my first reborn for 275 and I like to keep them all above that mark. That’s my minimum. My Leif went for less and one was discounted for a flaw. I know i have only been doing this a few months, but I am probably going to keep all my prices 300+ from now on. Your dolls are beautiful. Don’t sell yourself short.

5 Likes

Thank you. That is so sweet of you to say.

:heart_eyes: she’s beautiful!

1 Like

Thank you!

I would have been over the moon if I had received such a doll as a kid. It looks beautiful.

1 Like

How much is an American Girl doll? If parents are willing to pay for one of those than paying for a handmade doll should not be any less

4 Likes

What a great idea!!! :wink:

1 Like

Holy cow, if this is your less work version I am super impressed she looks amazing!

3 Likes

I struggled with pricing, too. Most of my babies like this one (Kate) sell for $285.

3 Likes

I think she is adorable BUT I would put some eyebrows on her (very lightly), a bald and no eyebrow baby just looks unfinished to me----regardless of who they are made for. Maybe you could add those a charge just a little more. Your baby looks beautiful!!

2 Likes

She’s beautiful.

1 Like

Thanks. She does have eyebrows they are just light!

8 Likes

Thanks @PutABonnetOnIt. She has about half the layers that I usually do…maybe I over do some of them :grimacing:.

1 Like

I have done a few like this and call them “playborns”. More child friendly - no magnet, lighter weight, less paint, etc.

2 Likes