Really a prototype?

Is this really a prototype? What kit does this baby look like to you? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Denise-Pratt-pr … 1e8b407a03

There are a few curious claims being made by this buyer:

• That this item is new. Kaelin is not a new kit: he came out years ago, and therefore the prototype must have been around for longer since they are created before the kit becomes available to the public.
  • That this ‘prototype’ can be customized by changing hair, gender, eyes (on a sleeping baby??), and adding birthmarks. Who would do that to a prototype? It would immediately lose its value.
  • That it is micro-rooted when I can clearly see giant plugs of hair on its head - even in the blurry pictures provided.

I would like to think that the seller has just completely misunderstood what the term ‘prototype’ means. Maybe this baby was even painted by Melissa George at some point (as claimed by the seller). It just seems a bit sketchy given the nature of prototypes (unless Melissa George made more than one - the first, really well done, and the second, just not quite up to her usual standard. Now that I think of it, this is probably the long forgotten ‘bad’ twin of the much cuter Kaelin that we all know and love. I wouldn’t buy it: it’s probably angry from all those years of rejection LOL).

I sent her a question and here was the response!

Dear allenpia,

I suggest you mind your own ■■■■■■■ business ang go about your day ■■■■■■.

• moneymaker1118
    Click “respond” to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

To: moneymaker1118
Subject: Other: allenpia sent a message about Denise Pratt prototype reborn #131185277443
Sent Date: May-10-14 13:24:56 PDT

Dear moneymaker1118,

Melissa George’s prototype had painted hair, so you have misrepresented this auction. I suggest you take it down before it ends and cancel all bids.

• allenpia

— Begin quote from “pia”

Dear allenpia,

• moneymaker1118

Subject: Other: allenpia sent a message about Denise Pratt prototype reborn #131185277443

Dear moneymaker1118,

Melissa George’s prototype had painted hair, so you have misrepresented this auction. I suggest you take it down before it ends and cancel all bids.

• allenpia

— End quote

Wow, such a lady! I wonder if she kisses her poorly-made misrepresented babies with that rotten mouth? Pia, that’s absolutely awful to be written to like that. I guess we can’t expect roses to bloom from a pile of trash but that’s a bit much, really! What an idiot!

All of a sudden her 2 bidders have disappeared?

Maybe she cancelled her bids in preparation for cancelling the auction. Here’s hoping . . . people like this give all of us a bad name.

ETA also reported.

I thought that it was Kailin, but the pictures were so blurry, I couldn’t make it out. I was a bit dumbfounded when I saw how far the bidding was, and didn’t know what to do about it, so I posted it in here. Thank goodness you all know how to handle this.

— Begin quote from “pia”

Dear allenpia,

• moneymaker1118

Dear moneymaker1118,

• allenpia

— End quote

I hope you reported her messages by clicking on the report link down (or somewhere) within the message; that will not only get the listing off, but also get her ID closed.

There is no way MG made this baby; just look at the eyebrows, no way that is her work. I hope somebody told Melissa.

Actually, compare the 1st photo and the last; one has rooted eyelashes, the other glued on? And the brows look different too?

I did not report her inappropriate email. I don’t think she has a clue what she is doing on ebay. The first message I sent to her was:
"Dear moneymaker1118,

I am a bit confused. You are indicating that this baby is THE prototype and that it was painted by Melissa George? Then you are offering to customize the kit? Are you selling a custom reborn or are you selling the original prototype that was painted for Bountiful Baby by Melissa George? If it is by Melissa, you would have a certificate from her stating that fact. If your buyer thinks they are getting a prototype by Melissa, they will be filing a case against you if it is not documented.

• allenpia"

She responded without answering my questions about offering to customize the kit to sell and said this:

"Dear allenpia,

I have other records that note was for one of the buyers interested in another doll.

• moneymaker1118"

Then I sent her the other message:

"Dear moneymaker1118,

• allenpia"

and she responded with the inappropriate remarks

"Dear allenpia,

• moneymaker1118"

I guess she didn’t feel I was being helpful! LOL! She has apparently not sold anything on eBay before (even though she states that she relisted a a reduced start because someone just wanted feedback and then didn’t pay). It doesn’t show she ever left feedback for anyone, but I guess that might disappear if an auction isn’t paid for in the end?

The auction ended without a sale so perhaps she will relist more accurately!

— Begin quote from “pia”

The auction ended without a sale so perhaps she will relist more accurately!

— End quote

Thanks Pia, I had a lot of trouble interpreting what this person wrote. Sorry that you had a run in with her foul mouth. Obviously eBay didn’t pull her auction. I’m glad nobody was deceived as she had no bids.

All of her feedback was from prior to 2010 and it doesn’t look like she ever sold anything. The photo of the baby in this auction is 2 different babies though, so I think she is planning on custom reborning and doesn’t have a clue what the word “prototype” means, and she obviously doesn’t want to know either. Maybe we should invite her to join the forum so she can learn how to paint a baby since she will be doing customs with custom made outfits too.

Oh pia, just imagine the colorful metaphors in her posts.

— Begin quote from “pia”

It doesn’t show she ever left feedback for anyone, but I guess that might disappear if an auction isn’t paid for in the end?

— End quote

FB is voluntary, and some people just do not bother. If she had NPB, she did the right thing not to leave FB, as leaving bad FB is against the rules. Once the NPB case is closed & strike issued it is not possible for either party to leave FB. if that sale happened more than 1 weeks ago you would not be able to find it in her sold items.

She had this listing, but the one bid was cancelled:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reborn-infant-doll-Rare-20-by-artist-Kim-Van-de-Wetering-/131179666298?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e8aeadb7a

She re-listed, and cancelled this listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reborn-infant-doll-Rare-20-by-artist-Kim-Van-de-Wetering-/131182131126?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e8b1077b6

Perhaps after looking at other listings that went for big bucks she saw that Prototype dolls brought more money. She obviously does not know what one is other than a word or description.
As far as the other listings with Wetering as the artist…who knows!
Mary

She really is one very inept scammer LOL
I hope that the artists whose names she has been using are having a go at her.

— Begin quote from “pia”

I did not report her inappropriate email. I don’t think she has a clue what she is doing on ebay.

— End quote

At least put her on your BBL and make sure you have the option “do not allow to contact me” ticked. You would not want her bidding on one your auctions and messing them up, ot any more of such messages.

Wow! How can people sleep at night? Pia, thanks for following through on this particular kind of “artist.” You are always so astute, I’m so glad you’re part of BB.

This takes scammer and creep to a whole different level. With bad pics and a few words that she clearly doesn’t understand she’s trying to sell a BB Kadance. WOW!

I feel bad for anyone crazy enough to buy a baby from her.