Realborn vs reborn sculpts

Geez! After getting Kase and comparing the sculpt …head and limbs to some of the mother kits I ordered…youzer! Big difference! Is that because Kase is realborn? Just so much more real like detail to all his creases and the feet…

1 Like

Yes - the RealBorns are gorgeous with the details . I am not nuts about Kase’s knuckles though - they look like * or little stars to me… I just started him this afernoon. Long way to go, but he may end up being a keeper.

1 Like

the realborns are different because they are made from the high definition digital pictures of a real baby. where as the regular reborn sculpts are just sculptures the people sculpt from clay and make a mold. so when you get the Realborns and paint them you have a perfect still of a real baby.

1 Like

Yeah…newbie here. Live and learn. I got great deals during the sale but didn’t realize the difference until I saw them side by side!

The price difference is significant, but there is a big difference in the details.

if i had the money id buy all the realborns that are released. so far i have asher asleep and both presleys. i wanna wait till they actually release a girl realborn.

I love the Realborns and their details are wonderful. Check out the detail on the “Miracle” sculpt by Laura Lee Eagles. Comparable! A bit more costly tho.

1 Like

I love the Realborns. Each one I purchase I just can’t wait til it arrives. I am in awe in the detailing of each one. Don’t get me wrong I love all my kits I purchase but there is just something special with the Realborns.

Yeah just totally different categories of quality!

1 Like

They stated early January. So I am hoping anytime. @bbsupport could you maybe give us a timeline?

hi pia I bought a kase do you have to put a blue or green wash on him before you start detailing him or just the fresh coat
I just want to make sure before I start him
thanks alice

He is neutral enough that you can just start. I did an eyelid purple wash because I thought he looked a little yellow, but i don’t think,it was necessary.[quote=“alicekay56, post:13, topic:22355, full:true”]
hi pia I bought a kase do you have to put a blue or green wash on him before you start detailing him or just the fresh coat
I just want to make sure before I start him
thanks alice
[/quote]

I got Presley awake and asleep…LOVE the feet on this one…

Haven’t ordered any more tho…

Wasn’t crazy about the lips on the Presley…and…if you look at pix of the real baby…I think some of
the features on the Realborns have been “edited/enhanced”…like the lips…the lip creases were extremely deep :+(

I agree…there are some pretty awesome sculptors out there who make some pretty amazing sculpts!!!

I read that Denice Pratt did enhance some of the details on the RealBorns.

okay thank you pia I love your babies you do beautiful work. :smile:

1 Like

I got my first reborn last week and I can’t believe the detail now I want a realborn but so confused on who to use, kit etc