Realborn Presley is Coming in Silicone! First Prototype on eBay

Good evening,

One of our most sought-after kits of all time will soon be released in silicone, and we couldn’t be more excited! Better yet, Silicone Presley is expected within the next two weeks. …So keep your eyes open for his release. His vinyl version was one of our first Realborn releases and sold out quickly.

You can sign up to be notified of his release here: Realborn® SILICONE Presley Sleeping (19" Reborn Doll Kit) - Bountiful Baby (DP Creations LLC)

Our first silicone Presley prototype is also on eBay now, and he couldn’t be more perfect! He was masterfully reborn by Daniela Ardelean. You can find his auction here: 🌷Prototype Presley silicone baby 🌷 by Bountifulbaby - artist Daniela Ardelean | eBay

Sincerely,
Bountiful Baby

13 Likes

@bbsupport he’s gorgeous! Curious, though, when the vinyl kits you’ve announced over the past several months will be coming out? It seems you have quite a few more vinyl artists here than silicone (though Presley may convert the rest of us :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:).

2 Likes

@JoyW , Presley was originally released as the first vinyl Realborn and he was a limited edition that is now sold out. He was a gorgeous sculpt! I have to say though that the silicone version does not look the same in the face and mouth as the vinyl version did. Particularly the mouth.

Vinyl below

6 Likes

Yes yes! I dream of someday snagging an OG Presley.

I meant the vinyl kits they’ve been announcing over the past several months that haven’t been released yet :heart:

1 Like

Yep… they sure missed the mark on producing Presley in silicone… the eyes are different too.

2 Likes

It just looks like the silicone version has his bottom lip tucked in a bit and the vinyl one has pursed lips.

1 Like

Super cute I love the silicone version but they look like two different babies I don’t think they look alike at all

3 Likes

The silicone version is really cute. Maybe they used a different scan for this facial expression?

3 Likes

Then it is not the “vinyl” in silicone…

3 Likes

I think I like the silicone version better…never cared much for that mouth on the vinyl kit…

5 Likes

It’s definitely a very different look. As if it’s been made from other scans. But it looks very sweet.

1 Like

True. Maybe they weren’t going for that? :woman_shrugging:t2:

I think they used a different scan. The lips are more kissy face in the vinyl version and more downward to a slight frown in the silicone. His entire expression in silicone is different. I am really dissapointed because one of the things I dearly loved about the vinyl was the mouth/lips. I am sure many will love him and I may like him better in different finished versions.

Edited to say I went to the auction and looked at all the pictures and the ones of his side profile look more like his vinyl version. It is definitely the Presley profile with the curled ear and the top lips do protrude a little more when looking at them from the side than they appear to from the front. I think the final outcome of this version is all going to vary according to how one paints that mouth. Too much accentuation of the corners of the mouth and he is going to look like a frowning unhappy baby which is not how I envision him. I may give him a go yet later if he is still available when I have the funds.

1 Like

Personally I love the original and I’m sure thats the face we all fell in love with. I’m not into silicone but I’m sure this Presley will be just as popular and for some new to reborning a lovely addition since they are un familiar with the original. He is a cutie.

2 Likes

There are a few reasons why the realborn silicone presley is different from the original Vinyl realborn.
For LE kits it has always been stated that if an LE realborn were to be made available again it would be made different from the previous version. People who own LE kits should not feel that their Limited edition is devalued by future versions.
It was never specific what material presley would become available in again. (this version is not limited to silicone either.)
Another factor to this ‘NEW’ version looking so different from the Original LE, the original scans were worked on by Denise. She did final touching and any sculpting required to produce the Original Realborn Presley. Head, arms and legs all have her artistic likeness to them:)
The new version is my doing. Some areas I used different scan detail, a majority of it is the same scans. I also used a different photo as my main reference of the real Presley.
The posing of the arms and legs is different in this version, we also made the adjustment to created full limbs instead of 3/4.
They are both created from his scans, castings and photographs :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I adore the silicone version- beautiful work.

1 Like

Thank you… that shows a great deal of integrity unlike Andrea Arcello, Niki Johnson, and Shawna Clymer with the re-release of limited edition sold out kits.

6 Likes

Oh no…Which ones were re-released?:worried:

Harper Arcello, Robin Asleep Johnson and Clara and another fairy by Shawna.

1 Like

I did not realize that this one would be released in vinyl as well. I highly respect that Presley if released again in vinyl will not be the same. That is the right thing to do. It makes total sense why he has to be different then. I thought the silicone version was just going to be a silicone release of the original. I still can’t say I am not disappointed that he is not coming out in silicone with the same face. As for releasing a kit in vinyl and silicone being the same kit, that seems to be done all the time and usually considered acceptable since it is 2 different mediums. I see that this is a different situation though. Thankyou for explaining it to us.

6 Likes